Calvin Coolidge vs. Ronald Reagan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Calvin Coolidge vs. Ronald Reagan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who was the better president?
Coolidge (D)

Coolidge (R)

Coolidge (I/O)

Reagan (D)

Reagan (R)

Reagan (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Calvin Coolidge vs. Ronald Reagan  (Read 1638 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 05, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »

Clevel Cal, though I disagree with his foreign policy, trade, and military views.

I would prefer Reagan's tenure as Governor to either's Presidency, though.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »

Clevel Cal, though I disagree with his foreign policy, trade, and military views.

I would prefer Reagan's tenure as Governor to either's Presidency, though.

IN that case, why support him over Reagan? Huh
Because I don't agree with Reagan's record on foreign policy, social issues, or most economic issues during his Presidency. The main thing Reagan did right was Kennedy and O'Connor.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »

Reagan was better at playing the president, Coolidge was better at being the president.
The most popular Presidents are the best at acting and speaking. The best Presidents are the best at leading.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »

Coolidge sat back and let the Great Depression creep up on America. Reagan didn't. It's sad that the Great Depression has receded from memory or from being an important part of our nation's history. Next thing you know, Hoover will be viewed as an underrated President.

Maybe people are starting to use their brains and think that the Great Depression couldn't be attributed to a couple of Presidents' terms and aren't simply reguritating romanticized and painfully simplistic Democratic campaign ads from the '30s, '40s and '50s like these?

For being a forum full of people fascinated with the more in-depth aspects of politics, we should be cheering the death of "1920s Republicans caused the entire Great Depression, and FDR fixed it."

I'd argue that the five people most responsible for the Great Depression were Woodrow Wilson, Andrew Mellon, William Gibbs McAdoo, Warren P. G. Harding, and Carter Glass.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »

Blaming Kaiser Wilhelm II and Tsar Nicholas II for the Great Depression is... Interesting, to say the least.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies