Santorum says the 45,000,000 Protestants in America are not Christians (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:39:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum says the 45,000,000 Protestants in America are not Christians (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum says the 45,000,000 Protestants in America are not Christians  (Read 10991 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: February 19, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2012, 11:17:00 AM by SANTORUM: NO WELFARE FOR BLACKS ER I MEAN FOR BLAHS »

Santorum excommunicates all Protestants in America from Christianity in 2008 speech 

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/02/18/427529/santorum-excommunicates-45-million-christians-mainline-protestants-are-gone-from-the-world-of-christianity/

In a 2008 speech at Ave Maria University, Rick Santorum, a devout Catholic, warned about the dangers of “the NBA” and “rock concerts,” but also said that while Protestants founded America, mainline Protestantism is in such “shambles” that “it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it”:

We all know that this country was founded on a Judeo-Christian ethic but the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant Judeo-Christian ethic, sure the Catholics had some influence, but this was a Protestant country and the Protestant ethic, mainstream, mainline Protestantism, and of course we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it. [...]

You can decide for yourself.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 12:30:42 PM by SANTORUM: NO WELFARE FOR BLACKS ER I MEAN FOR BLAHS »

If Winfield continues to make new topics centered around a talking point each day, he seriously must be banned. I know he's in panic mode now because Romney is crashing and burning but he shouldn't be getting hysteric on us.

Oh tut tut now.

The truth shall not be silenced!

LONG LIVE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 01:19:52 PM by SANTORUM: NO WELFARE FOR BLACKS ER I MEAN FOR BLAHS »

Winfield, what is your actual condition?

Phil, in answer to your rather confrontational and personally insulting inquiry, although I take no offence, and your talk of banning and hysterics, I can only conclude that you do not like nor do you appreciate all these unfavorable articles about your hero Santorum being brought to the forefront.

Politics 101, when a candidate moves from a position of obscurity to prominence, their statements and views come under increased scrutiny.

It is, therefore, incumbent upon us to present to the public positions and statements, even if unfavorable, about and by said candidate.

Deal with it.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »

Winfield, you're a great guy, but you're approaching Politico levels here.

Thank you for the compliment.  Cheesy
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »

Although the original discussion about Santorum saying that 45,000,000 American Protestants are not Christians has gone way off topic, I am pleased to see that my thread has generated  8 pages of discussion. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies