St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:08:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed  (Read 1249 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: December 03, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »

I think it'll help, but there are also additional ways that this problem can be remedied.

Start a community watch program.  Try to start a volunteer sheriff/police officer program in the area.

Fundraise for the police department so they can hire more cops.

If you are in a bank and planned to rob it, wouldn't you think twice about doing that once you saw everybody else packing? 

Perhaps, but as a non-bank robbing bank customer, I would choose not to enter any bank that contained a crowd of armed persons, MK.  I would fear very much being hit by stray bullets if all those dumbs started shooting for whatever reason.

Keep in mind that the North Side of St. Louis has extremely high crime rates because of the rich - the owning class in america oppresses the people of ghettos like North St. Louis, and naturally a few of them lash out randomly in an attempt to survive.  The 'crime problem' could be solved easily by massive redistribution and privilege reduction, but obviously the 'real criminals' that are victimizing people would never allow that.  So, there is no feasible solution.

If you live in a less oppressed (white working or middle class) area, you are far more likely to get shot by a loved one or some other hothead armed citizen than any 'robber'.

DC
Newark
CHI
Det

We've seen this gun control experiment long enough.

And as for Detroit, frankly, I don't trust Detroit cops.  They've covered up way too much stuff under Kwame Kilpatrick under the leadership of (now former) Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings.  Cops there run red lights because they know that if they stop, they're vulnerable.  The more good citizens in Detroit with guns, the better.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:01:10 AM »

Inks, I agree with community volunter policing, however you are wrong about hiring more cops. The City of St Louis has more police officers then the city of Kansas City, and KC has more people!

I just said it based on what I read.  If it's not needed, then don't do it.  Obviously I don't have a whole lot of insight on the situation and was just making a suggestion based on what I read.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies