The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:33:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented  (Read 2662 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: September 24, 2016, 10:28:00 PM »

Well, it is unprecedented for a major US party to nominate an outright fascist for presidency. Of course, this causes an appropriate reaction of all those opposing fascism.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 07:35:39 PM »

God I can't wait to see the panic that is going to be underway tomorrow by some of you all.

Well, I will panic, of course. And yes, I am panicking today. There is no shame in panicking.

But, unlike you, I am not on record advocating the destruction of the United States and the murder of everybody I love.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:31 PM »

I am reading a book on the history of German exhile during the Nazi years. One thing stands out there. Throughout the 1930s numerous people were foretelling exactly what would happen later. These were smart people: writers, artists, scientists, etc. They were telling that Hitler could still be stopped, but that, if he were not stopped promptly, he would destroy far more than Germany. These were smart people, and they were right. But nobody would believe them. In fact, they were viewed as hysterical rabble-rousers, radicals, people with personal grudges, whatever... They were often persecuted by the very people they tried to warn. Well, at least 50,000,000 mln. people died to vindicate their prophecies - but nobody ever, either then or later, expressed either gratitude to them for trying to warn, or contrition for not listening to them.

It is horrible to be a Cassandra....
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 10:41:42 PM »

Throughout the 1930s numerous people were foretelling exactly what would happen later.

I saw that musical drama as well.  I think Liza Minnelli was in it.  Excellent soundtrack.

That is exactly what I meant. Everybody is deaf.

BTW, who is Liza Minnelli?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:01:56 AM »

God I can't wait to see the panic that is going to be underway tomorrow by some of you all.

Me either but let's hope it happens. 

It will be nothing compared to the panic you will be feeling once Trump starts killing your family. But, honestly, I am not looking forward to that.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 12:03:45 AM »

It will be nothing compared to the panic you will be feeling once Trump starts killing your family. But, honestly, I am not looking forward to that.

So vote Democrat or we'll die?  Raise that question in an ad man good luck.

Well, you will live: as long as Trump is not President. And we all will die if he is. And I mean it literally.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 01:30:49 AM »

So vote Democrat or we'll die?  Raise that question in an ad man good luck.

Well, you will live: as long as Trump is not President. And we all will die if he is. And I mean it literally.

Do you think Clinton is being too soft?  Why isn't this in her ads?

Of course, she is. She has to be. Truth would never be believed in this case. Exactly like nobody believed the Hitler threat - until it was too late. Brits needed to lose the Battle of France for Churchill to become PM. He had no chance till then.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 10:18:07 AM »

She was in Cabaret.

I think she's Dorothy's daughter, but her father was obviously a Romulan:

This is Greek to me.

One good thing: when we no longer have electricity, I will not miss those moving pictures. Never had any use for them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies