Ontario municipal elections, (October 27, 2014) - Master thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:19:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario municipal elections, (October 27, 2014) - Master thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ontario municipal elections, (October 27, 2014) - Master thread  (Read 53186 times)
Krago
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:52:23 AM »

Eddie Francis has announced that he is not seeking re-election as Mayor of Windsor.

My predictions:

(1)  Just prior to the February provincial by-elections, Eddie will announce that he's running for the Tories in Windsor West (nominated candidate Henry Lau will contract the same illness that Steve Ryan got in Etobicoke-Lakeshore)

(2)  The Ontario PCs will turn over their Thornhill seat to the Liberals, and run third in Tim Hudak's backyard (his hometown of Fort Erie is in Niagara Falls riding).

(3)  Within a few days, Hudak will announce that he wants to spend more time with his family, in order to circumvent Wynne from calling a snap election.

(4)  Eddie Francis, a Maronite Catholic, visible minority candidate with a 15-year record of success in an Tory-unfriendly area, will announce that he is seeking the Ontario PC leadership.

This is the nightmare I used to frighten my mother.  She lives in Windsor and is NOT an Eddie fan.
Krago
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »

Banned forumite "Teddy" announced on Twitter he is running for mayor.  Hasn't registered yet, but I believe it, as he's run for political office twice before.

Why was he banned?
Krago
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »

The truth is that Ford got votes everywhere outside the old City of Toronto, not just in the 'white' areas.

Krago
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »

Here are some poll maps from the Windsor Mayoralty race printed in today's Windsor Star:
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/who-voted-for-dilkens
Krago
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 10:03:31 PM »

This seems as good a place as any to mention my proposed new ward boundaries for Toronto.

• 44 Ward map - freeze existing number of wards
  • 50 Ward map - split each new federal electoral district in half - add six additional wards
Krago
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »

Here are my proposed Toronto ward maps in a handy travel-size: http://tinyurl.com/Proposed-TOWards

There are three scenarios:

38 Wards -- This proposal would reduce city council by six members without having wards cross the Humber River or Victoria Park Ave.

44 Wards -- This proposal would freeze the size of city council at its current level.

50 Wards -- This proposal would add six councillors by splitting each of the 25 new federal electoral districts in half.

The well-compensated consultants responsible for redrawing the ward boundaries will be holding public meetings in December and January for some reason.  http://www.drawthelines.ca/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies