North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 03:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina Overturns LGBT-Discrimination Bans  (Read 15532 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
« edited: April 02, 2016, 08:11:07 PM by ︻        tik ︼        »

I will tell you where my views came from. I spent two years on a major university campus, and in attending semi-regularly the LGBT group, I found that the vast majority of the members were either completely transgender, or said they were "non-binary" and had come up with all these words that aren't in the dictionary that they wanted to be called instead of he and she. Not only that, but they were the same thin-skinned "safe space" assholes that are taking over other college campuses. There was even one girl who thought she should have been born a cat, so she painted her face like a cat, complete with plastic whiskers every day.

One girl blew up at me because I dared call her ma'am, as you're supposed to call a woman whose name you don't know or can't remember, and had I had my wits about me, this would have been my reaction to both her temper tantrum and her little "gender identity:"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wT5ycFi8Xvw

There was even one girl who went so far as to drop $400 into legally changing her name to Max because she was so angry at people laughing at her idea that she wasn't a man or a woman, despite her clearly being a woman.

Edit: Decided to cut down my very long post into a few key points:

On your college experience: These people do sound like obnoxious jerks and I don't blame you for disliking them. However, they aren't representative of everyday transgender people, who usually just want to go about their business just like anyone else. It would do you good to ask yourself why these people became overly defensive, angry, and irritating.

On transgenderism itself: A lot of what I'd written the first time around has been said to you many times, probably. I don't know why me saying it would make it sink in. But, you know, evidence is building that there is a physical, biological basis for it. It's also telling that when transgender people are given the hormones of the sex they wish to transition to, they become remarkably happier and more well-adjusted psychologically. It's almost as if their brains have been expecting these chemicals to have been there the entire time. That's speculative, but it should give you pause.

On the bathroom issue: I'm always taken back by how little people know about the actual process of transitioning, and how they then decide they can spout off "common sense" rules and try to "solve" the issue. I don't really feel like going into detail here, my only points are that requiring physical traits very quickly creates more problems than it solves and that, well, a good majority of transgender people just want to pee and get back to whatever it was they were doing. This, as I said before, is a very common theme among people who visit restrooms. You can't make a "separate but equal" solution to this by requiring a third bathroom either. Guess what - you have probably used restrooms alongside transgender people hundreds of times and never even realized it. Spooky!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies