lol metal anti-Christian trolling, lol Poland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:54:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  lol metal anti-Christian trolling, lol Poland
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: lol metal anti-Christian trolling, lol Poland  (Read 698 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2011, 01:39:04 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/polish-death-metal-singer-cleared-by-court-of-ripping-up-bible-judge-calls-it-an-art-form/2011/08/18/gIQAd1oJNJ_story.html

Even ignoring the free speech issue, the reaction here was ridiculous and quite counter-productive.

You may recall my sig from about a month ago, honoring the last show of Minneapolis hardcore legends Disembodied. In their early days, they often put "666" on their shirts or after their names, their first webpage had disembodied666 in the url, and many of their shirts later had upside down crosses or other anti-Christian imagery on them. They were quite anti-Christian and loved to use such imagery. Guess what was the first band that played on their final show? A Christian band. And they said nothing about Jesus either, just about how much they love Disembodied and are sad to see them go. Were they offended? Clearly not. Was I offended? No. I'll listen to them regardless, I'll wear the shirts of anti-Christian bands. I know most of my brethren in my scene feel the same way. That's why Disembodied quit with the anti-religious imagery and many later bands did, because they realized it wasn't accomplishing anything, and today it's quite frowned upon, even by non-believers it's seen often as just promoting division and hatred.

On the other hand Poland reacted in exactly the way this guy wanted, and effectively gave his "protest" purpose.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:58 AM »

"offending religious feeling" is a crime. That's what Jesus got busted for too.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/polish-death-metal-singer-cleared-by-court-of-ripping-up-bible-judge-calls-it-an-art-form/2011/08/18/gIQAd1oJNJ_story.html

Even ignoring the free speech issue, the reaction here was ridiculous and quite counter-productive.

You may recall my sig from about a month ago, honoring the last show of Minneapolis hardcore legends Disembodied. In their early days, they often put "666" on their shirts or after their names, their first webpage had disembodied666 in the url, and many of their shirts later had upside down crosses or other anti-Christian imagery on them. They were quite anti-Christian and loved to use such imagery. Guess what was the first band that played on their final show? A Christian band. And they said nothing about Jesus either, just about how much they love Disembodied and are sad to see them go. Were they offended? Clearly not. Was I offended? No. I'll listen to them regardless, I'll wear the shirts of anti-Christian bands. I know most of my brethren in my scene feel the same way. That's why Disembodied quit with the anti-religious imagery and many later bands did, because they realized it wasn't accomplishing anything, and today it's quite frowned upon, even by non-believers it's seen often as just promoting division and hatred.

On the other hand Poland reacted in exactly the way this guy wanted, and effectively gave his "protest" purpose.

Sounds like Disembodied embraced Satanic imagery for largely aesthetic reasons, which makes them quite a bit different from Behemoth. When your goal is to promote the revival of a pagan identity, promoting division isn't really seen as a downside.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »

Our legal system is full of useful idiots.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies