BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:11:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Shots fired at BLM protest in downtown Dallas, TX  (Read 12976 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 09, 2016, 02:00:30 AM »

The recent events have a very familiar feeling to them.  It's almost like deja vu.  Just like Michael Brown and freddy Gray, eventually the truth will come out.  It continues to amaze me that we have these media spectacles, where hundreds of people turn out to protest the deaths of criminals who fight the police and threaten the lives of others.  It's a sad reflection on the black community and one that I know is not accurate.

The Minnesota incident looks slightly more murky.  I'd like to remind everyone that alll the information we know is from the girlfriend, and we dont know anything from before the shooting.  There will be an investigation, and if the officer acted criminally, he will face justice.  

What are these protests supposed to accomplish?  We have a justice system.  It works, and it is colorblind.  There is no vast conspiracy among the police to kill black people.  It's just not happening.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »

Do you want to reduce incidents of violence or just rail against the system? I want to find practical ways to reduce violence by avoiding situations that make it more likely. Changing policing behavior is exactly the type of action black activists support. I have suggested concrete police practices that can be changed to lessen the possibility of this type of violent response. So what is the problem here?

The problem is the poster you're talking to has no purpose on here other than to insult and demean others.  You made some good points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies