Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:00:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165030 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: June 27, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »

I wish Bushie would come back to the US, find this poor puppy a real home and then start dating some crazy Oklahoman woman again. Then we could all have some laughs.

Right now this thread is just darkness.

I realize I'm harsh on him a lot, but seriously... this is depressing right now.  He's on a path that's going to ruin his life and could seriously scar some innocent children.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I feel bad when I criticize him, but it's clear he is deep into darkness right now with all of these grandiose delusions he is currently trying to convince himself are possible. There's a point where this story moves from entertaining to really heartbreaking, and it has reached that point now.

He needs to go home, focus on his life, find a woman and find some sort of happiness. These kids are not the key to it in any way. It will only lead to disappointment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1076 on: June 27, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »

I wish Bushie would come back to the US, find this poor puppy a real home and then start dating some crazy Oklahoman woman again. Then we could all have some laughs.

I realize I'm harsh on him a lot, but seriously... this is depressing right now.  He's on a path that's going to ruin his life and could seriously scar some innocent children.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I feel bad when I criticize him, but it's clear he is deep into darkness right now with all of these grandiose delusions he is currently trying to convince himself are possible. There's a point where this story moves from entertaining to really heartbreaking, and it has reached that point now.

He needs to go home, focus on his life, find a woman and find some sort of happiness. These kids are not the key to it in any way. It will only lead to disappointment.

And his charity fan club isn't helping.  I'm sure most of them know little about his personal life and just see his statuses on Facebook so they cheer him on.  But if he's truly being honest about stuff like the orphanage director telling him that he should call himself these kids' "daddy", then they're taking advantage of his emotional weaknesses, and that's pretty damn disgusting.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1077 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »

They're already shoeless in a third world orphanage. I doubt Bushie could make it any worse for them. I wish the best for the orphans, but I doubt very much he'll have much of an impact one way or another. They'll age out of the orphanage into the streets soon enough. They'll probably have their own children to care for by then too.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1078 on: June 27, 2013, 09:03:55 PM »

And his charity fan club isn't helping.  I'm sure most of them know little about his personal life and just see his statuses on Facebook so they cheer him on.  But if he's truly being honest about stuff like the orphanage director telling him that he should call himself these kids' "daddy", then they're taking advantage of his emotional weaknesses, and that's pretty damn disgusting.

Exactly. The director knows full and well he can't adopt the kids regardless of his disposition. He is merely trying to keep Bushie on the hook for his $70/month. I couldn't imagine, if they were being honest with him, that they would tell him they are indeed these kids "daddy." He could just be using the lowest form of salesmanship to keep that revenue stream going.

Of course, Bushie could be telling us what he wanted to hear, and he may have been told that he is "essentially their father because he is their only source of support" or something like that.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1079 on: June 27, 2013, 09:08:52 PM »

edit: Mr. Morden, I love you and want to have your babies

Sold!  At a price of $7500 per baby.

And btw, while I was kind of flying blind when writing the first one or two episodes of "Hog and Blondie", I've subsequently developed a fairly specific arc.  So yes, the story has a definite beginning, middle, and end, though there are plenty of holes in the overall plot at the moment, where I don't know how to get from A to B to C.  A lot of details which I won't know until I get that far in the writing.  There will be foreshadowing and Atlas meme and character Easter eggs, but also a fair share of random tangents that are just there for my amusement.  I don't know how many episodes it'll take for me to finish.  Maybe ~20?  I have many of the scenes in my head, but it's hard to say how many episodes it'll take to get through them.

This is an interesting thought... do all of the kids in the orphanage have specific sponsors?

If it's like any african thing, you sent money to them and they send you pictures and you can write to "them" whenever you want. Most of the money goes to keeping up the orphanage and yes, probably to their education, but I doubt ONLY Bushie's donations are set aside for those kids. I am sure the revenue is pooled and spent where they are needed.

But again, don't the kids actually live with the grandmother and not at the orphanage?  I'm confused about how this is supposed to work.  The kids are just a front, so as to feed more money to the orphanage, where they don't even live?

Bushie, do your "children" know about the Atlas forum?

Does Bushie's adopted family know about opebo?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1080 on: June 27, 2013, 09:23:34 PM »

Yeah, I don't understand how it works either. He said the grandmother cares for them, but he seems to be just buying his time until she dies, which is a bit weird and creepy, but whatever.

Maybe they go to the orphanage for food and schooling? But if that's the case, they are just a boys and girls club and not an orphanage. Yeah, it all doesn't make sense to me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1081 on: June 27, 2013, 09:29:06 PM »

Of course, Bushie could be telling us what he wanted to hear, and he may have been told that he is "essentially their father because he is their only source of support" or something like that.

And considering his embellishments before, I'm not quite confident enough in his story to pass judgment on the orphanage workers.  I'm guessing he's telling us the orphanage director said this so that we don't knock him for calling himself "daddy".
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1082 on: June 27, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »

And considering his embellishments before, I'm not quite confident enough in his story to pass judgment on the orphanage workers.  I'm guessing he's telling us the orphanage director said this so that we don't knock him for calling himself "daddy".

I have never heard of anyone with sponsor kids calling themselves "mommy and daddy" before Bushie started all of this nonsense last year. I can't imagine the director saying he is their daddy unless he really is playing on Bushie's vulnerabilities.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1083 on: June 28, 2013, 01:38:39 AM »

X Lief
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1084 on: June 28, 2013, 01:42:11 AM »

NBC or CBS would have canceled the update already. The quality has declined to an ABC level show. We need Bushie: The Movie to finish things off.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1085 on: June 28, 2013, 01:43:47 AM »

Nah, these last two seasons have seen a big jump in quality. We're not back to Tiffanye/Susan/Rainbow Play Systems-level of quality yet, but at least we're out of the Utah nadir.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1086 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:27 AM »

Jumped the shark, but x morgieb
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1087 on: June 28, 2013, 04:49:11 AM »

This couldn't have been done via PM?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1088 on: June 28, 2013, 05:08:42 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2013, 05:10:55 AM by Formerly Californian Tony »

Petition to delete all the Update threads and to permaban Bushie if he ever starts another one again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1089 on: June 28, 2013, 05:17:10 AM »

Petition to delete all the Update threads and to permaban Bushie if he ever starts another one again.

I shall sign this.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #1090 on: June 28, 2013, 05:56:46 AM »

x rejectamenta

This is unsettling news!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1091 on: June 28, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »

Inks crushes Bushie on FB then locks the Update?  Or did Bishie lock it?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1092 on: June 28, 2013, 06:31:38 AM »

What happened on facebook?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1093 on: June 28, 2013, 06:59:31 AM »

That would be vandalism. Its a pretty interesting work of interactive performance art.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1094 on: June 28, 2013, 07:19:15 AM »

Who locked it? Is this another defense mechanism by bushie?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1095 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:35 AM »

I'd also like to know who actually locked it and for what reason...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1096 on: June 28, 2013, 07:35:51 AM »

No one was even talking about the Update thread on the mod board, so I doubt it was one of the FC mods.  Most likely it was Bushie himself.  Though one can never rule out Dave, since he tends to act without telling anyone.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1097 on: June 28, 2013, 07:50:37 AM »

What happened on facebook?

Inks lashed out about one of Bushie's posts where he calls himself a "daddy"....Inks reminding him he's not a daddy.....all true, but Bushie is pissed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1098 on: June 28, 2013, 07:52:30 AM »

It's not like Bushie to lock it without first making a post about how everyone is being mean to him first.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1099 on: June 28, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »

Nah. Always leave them wanting more.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies