What is the RNC's doomsday plan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:56:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What is the RNC's doomsday plan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the RNC's doomsday plan?  (Read 4234 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 31, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »

Just accept that Hillary or Biden will be POTUS, and hope that Trump does not take down two many Pubs in Congress with him.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2015, 03:19:29 PM by Torie »

Just accept that Hillary or Biden will be POTUS, and hope that Trump does not take down two many Pubs in Congress with him.

If that's the case, then is there a way for Republicans to minimize the down-ballot damage?

I have no idea. It depends whether Trump fans refuse to vote for a Pub Congressperson, who distances himself from the views of the guy, where that is necessary for the candidate to survive politically. You might ask Muon2. He represents a district in the state assembly that has a considerable number of Hispanics. Indeed, coincidentally, I was told at a party last night (a gay pool party, which just goes to show that gays can think about more than just one thing at such venues Tongue), that his town, of which he was mayor, used to be a way station for illegals coming from Mexico (sort of an underground railroad), because it was safer there for them than in Chicago. I am quite confident, although he is too diplomatic to say it, and does not want to be quoted, that he considers Trump quite toxic. Granted he is so well respected, that he has nothing to worry about, but someone in office of more prosaic talents with a district like his, might well have something to worry about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies