The South will rise again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:33:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South will rise again.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Author Topic: The South will rise again.  (Read 29459 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2016, 08:23:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As worded this bill is no different from Roe vs Wade. Congratulations, on the so-called 'conservative' accomplishment by TM.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2016, 09:24:22 PM »

As worded this bill is no different from Roe vs Wade. Congratulations, on the so-called 'conservative' accomplishment by TM.

That's why it's so great! I thank you for recognizing Tmth's legacy of passing common sense legislation!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »

I'm amused at the Federalists citing this as an example of 'prolife' legislation, which it is not. Wink

This was supposed to be their 'signature legislation.' Sad.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2016, 08:00:37 PM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

Ladies and gentlemen!

Boy, howdy. It's so good to see all of you on a fine fall afternoon. My phone has been ringing off the hook. I'm going to answer all of your questions, one by one. Starting with the first one.

*rips open letter*

This one is from Edna from Nashville Tennessee.

"Mr Kenobi, given that the Federalist ticket has switched from that northern carpetbagger TM, to our beloved NC Yankee, will you be endorsing him instead of Bliar? I was shocked to see you endorse Bliar."

Ma'am I appreciate your letter. And yes, while I agree more with our beloved NC Yankee, and have many happy memories of working with and for him in the past, I believe that a card laid is a card played. I did not anticipate the ticket getting switched, and so I believed that I ought to express my dissatisfaction with TM as the nominee. While I am delighted that the Federalist party is running a much better candidate now, I feel that I have an obligation to stick to my promise to endorse Mr. Blair.

Yes, I am aware of the incongruity, but the measure of integrity is to hold to it when inconvenient. It would be convenient to switch my endorsement, but I am not going to do that precisely because it would be convenient. As for my constituents, I encourage all of you to vote according to your conscience for the man that you believe will best govern Atlasia.

Now, for the second letter:

This one is from Maureen from Jackson, MS.

"Mr. Kenobi! I know you left the Federalist party quite some time ago. Now that TM is gone, will you be rejoining the party?"

Ma'am, once again, thank you for your letter. No, I will not be rejoining the Federalist party. I believe that the Federalist party does not truly value the South, or Southern values and have strayed away from their roots. We already have a party that despises our traditions. We don't need another and we certainly don't need to be collaborating with them. This is why I have started my own party, the Atlasian Conservative party. I would love to see all of you registered behind us for your support for Southern Values, without compromises. It's time that we had a party that represented us, and didn't care about the consequences.

Personally, I am thrilled that TJ from New Jersey has chosen to join us, and I hope that more of our representatives will choose to join us in the future. That being said - I have no issues with being a small party. We are not here to be all things to everyone. We are *the* prolife, pro traditional marriage party. If that's your bag, feel free to sign up with us. If not, there's plenty of other parties that will suit you better. We are not going to water down our values in pursuit of voters that would be happier elsewhere.

One last letter.

This one from Julia from Greensboro, NC.

"Mr. Kenobi. I live just across from Kentucky and I was shocked to hear the news that Mr. Santander will be leaving your party. I was very happy to hear that you finally started the party that we wanted you to start, but I wanted more information on Mr. Santander's decision. Can you tell us why he left and what he hopes to accomplish with the Federalist party?"

Ma'am, thanks again for your excellent question. I wish I knew myself. I was prepared to appoint Santander as our deputy leader in recognition of his services. I have it on quote from the Federalists themselves, specifically Representative Kent, "he's an infestation, that refuses to go away."  Right from the horses mouth, ma'am. The social conservatives of Atlasia are akin to cockroaches. Well I don't know about you but that's pretty solid prejudice from the Federalist party.

Are you folks going to stand by and watch as representative Kent smears one of your chosen representatives as an infestation to be eradicated? Again, I encourage all of you southern ladies and gentlemen to look with your eyes and see the Federalist party for what they truly are. They do not respect you or your values, only your votes insofar as they elect them.

Folks, don't make the mistake that we've done previously. The time has come for you to get actual representation, not worthless platitudes.

God bless you everyone!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2016, 09:12:32 PM »

Stop. My comments do not reflect the Federalist Party as a whole.

And this stupid theory that my dislike of Santander stems from his socially conservative views is absurd and needs to stop.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2016, 09:48:27 PM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

Dear me. You honestly expect that calling out one of your own former and current party members as an 'infestation' isn't going to have political consequences? At the convention of a rival conservative party?

You should really take DFW's advice and when someone asks you, "can I quote that?", and not double down. You went full Trump. Never go full Trump.

Are there any other members of the Federalist party that you consider infestations?
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2016, 10:36:39 PM »

Dear me. You honestly expect that calling out one of your own former and current party members as an 'infestation' isn't going to have political consequences? At the convention of a rival conservative party?
Oh, so you admit that the Federalists are conservative now.
None at the moment, but I'll be sure to let you know. Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2016, 10:42:16 PM »

You're catching on! Wink
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2016, 01:12:07 AM »

Given the tie vote, I am now endorsing Yankee for President!

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2016, 05:33:22 AM »

A great endorsement. I enjoyed my visit to the ranch yesterday.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen!

We're smack dab in one of the most important elections of all time! Some of you fantastic folks have asked me, "why did you switch to backing Yankee?"

Well for starters, I know Mr. Blair. and believe me, Mr. Blair is no Mr. Yankee.

But, onto more serious matters. Some of you have come to me complaining about the security of your ballot in this tight election. I have heard disturbing reports of intimidation among the Labor party headquarters.

Some of you folks, especially in the South have reported that you've been bribed for your votes in supporting Blair.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm proud to say we run clean elections down here, not like in the North. We don't cotton onto these tactics. I want to encourage all of you that we will not stand for such intimidation and abuse of the voting electorate

I would also like to bring to your attention, certain remarks from our beloved Former President Griffin. He has denounced that the security of your ballot is important and that it is stupid to have  a private ballot. Does he not understand how important in a democracy that people have the right to vote for whom they want, and to let nothing get in their way? Your ballot should be between you and God, not between you and the all-seeing head of the Labor party.

I have extensive evidence that I would be happy to reveal to atlasia over abuses by the labor party towards their own members. If they treat their own brethren likewise, what can we expect from them if Blair were to attain power?

Thank you all for your time!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2016, 08:00:57 PM »

There will be a speech later tonight! Cheesy
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have had the opportunity to tour this fine nation from the mounds of Manassas to the windswept plains of West Texas.

It has become apparent that we, each and every one of us, are in a crisis. Just the other day I saw a story where one of our monuments to the fallen - had been destroyed and tossed aside like rubbish from your motorhome.

And why? Because it had the temerity to honor the courage of our forefathers who sacrificed their lives for the preservation of their nation. There are some who would say that our nation has moved beyond these divisions, but that can hardly be the case. We do not smooth these divisions by forgetting, but rather, acknowledging the spirit of the past.

Many young men, in brassy blue, perished on these lands. Should we dig their gravestone? Should we disinter the bodies to charge them with the eternal sin or tyranny? Hardly. And why not? Because they were men. They were boys, sons, fathers and men. Men who served their cause to the same devotion as we did ours.

We do not honor our dead by disrespecting their dead nor do we honor those who gave their lives to preserve the union by obliterating those who fought for the South.

We are in a crisis. A crisis of Faith. No longer do we trust the men and women to make their own decisions about their lives. Instead we would swaddle from crib to grave. We would prevent them from failing as we would prevent them from tasting the sweet nectar of success.

We are in a crisis, when we have basketball players on the news telling us that they will book in another hotel because the one they booked insists that men use the mens room and women the women's room.

We are in a crisis when an elderly lady faces the loss of her livelihood for declining to provide a floral arrangement. How much have we already lost? And how much will we continue to lose?

The time has come - to address the crisis. To stop crossing our lines in the sand and to stand and protect what we have always believed - to preserve the family, to preserve our western society. I promise you that in the months ahead this will be my foremost task.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the opportunity to serve you once more in our beloved House of Delegates. I would be most grateful for your enduring support!

God bless, each one of you.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2016, 08:14:57 PM »

Thanks all of you! Pleased to be returning to the Chamber of Delegates! Cheesy
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2016, 12:39:40 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm happy to report the recent and productive summit that I had with Congressman from Virginia, NeverAgain. Now, we've been sparring over Cuba of all things. He had some very interesting things to say, and I hope y'all agree with me here on that.

Since we were at a bit of an impasse, and as you well know, President Blair wants to push for support for single payer health care. Imagine my shock when he asked for yours truly to support the push.

Now I know that all of you have been firm on that and know that I'd never shift my position here - but the deal was pretty tantalizing.

NeverAgain offered support for Nuking Cuba in exchange for my support on single payer.

I won't be signing on that deal, folks. As much as I love Cuba, I think Cuba is plenty hot enough. I'd love to see her unified with Nyman to the betterment of all.

So there you go folks. Congressmen NeverAgain - supporting nuclear attack on the state of Cuba. What won't Labor do for single payer?

Thanks to all of you and goodnight!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2016, 08:09:30 AM »

When I said "pass single payer healthcare and you'll get my attention", this isn't what I had in mind, but kay. Have fun with this.

Also will say, I am not a huge fan of single payer in Atlasia's healthcare system. We should expand and reform our current ACA system. But especially regions shouldn't pass singlepayer care, as it doesn't have the resources and authority of the federal gov't.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »

Singe payer and nuking Cuba? I'd take it. Tongue
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »

You're a fine, fine gentleman, AuH20.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2017, 06:36:26 AM »

We here from the ranch wish to welcome all Atlasians to a glorious 2017!

We've managed to do a few things to crush the hearts of laborites everywhere! And we've got more planned.

God bless every one of you! Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 11:19:00 AM by IDS Delegate Ben Kenobi »

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am sad to speak for you and the people of the south about our esteemed delegate diptherian.

Now, I know I got some letters from you asking, "who is this man?" He's a complete mystery to us and to you". "Is he going to be as solid as Leinad was".

Well, I must apologize. I wrote to each one of you giving you my assurances that delegate Diptherian would be an excellent delegate and would be worthy of the trust bestowed by Leinad on him. Sadly, that is not the case.

I am going to rescind my endorsement of him. Diphterian has been quite clear that he doesn't believe that your ownership of guns qualifies as private ownership - and that the state should decide whether you can buy, or sell one. He's been a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Thankfully, he's shown his true colors before this upcoming election, so that we the people can finally choose what to do with our selected delegate. It is unfortunate that he's chosen to block bills but that has been his choice to put his foot down against liberty.

I will continue to work for all of you to make the South even better. No matter how many bills Diptherian opposes because of his loyalty to Labor not Leinad.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2017, 03:05:39 AM »

Sound like a good bill to you?

Southerners, please write Diptherian and instruct him to vote YES to saving babies!

Thank you very much. We're tired of having prolife law after prolife law rejected by those who believe they know better.
diptheriadan

« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2017, 03:33:06 AM »

Sound like a good bill to you?

Southerners, please write Diptherian and instruct him to vote YES to saving babies!

Thank you very much. We're tired of having prolife law after prolife law rejected by those who believe they know better.

Ben, you're not going to be able to slander me now. You could spread lies on the Campus Carry bill because our interaction was through PMs. You can't do that now. The people can easily go the South Abortion Regulating thread and see themselves.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2017, 03:33:52 AM »

I believe PM posting to be an impeachable offense. You've done so once in your office. 
diptheriadan

« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2017, 03:35:01 AM »

I believe PM posting, as you've now done so twice - is an impeachable offense.

Yes, because two delegates trying to sort matters out themselves and not take up thread space is so horrible. Try me, Ben. Try me.
diptheriadan

« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2017, 03:36:31 AM »

Also I should remind that you were the one that originally messaged me about my Nay vote on the Campus Carry bill.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies