NE4: July-October Northeast Budget FY2014 (On Governor's Desk) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:52:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE4: July-October Northeast Budget FY2014 (On Governor's Desk) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE4: July-October Northeast Budget FY2014 (On Governor's Desk)  (Read 3037 times)
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« on: August 11, 2014, 03:45:14 AM »

If there's spare money lying around, I would prefer it to be saved for a rainy day.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 02:59:50 AM »

Is the reason we are not taking federal money for homelessness because we have a surplus?

If the bill qualifies to get the money why not take it. If we get 1 billion and the homelessness bill cost us over two billions, the region spends only 1 billion. The region can spend its surplus how it wants later. If federal money is allocated to the other regions we might not get it later (or people will have forgotten in a few months).
I happen to agree with this. Receiving an extra 1 billion dollars from the federal government does no harm. We should take this opportunity while we can.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:50:08 AM »

Is the reason we are not taking federal money for homelessness because we have a surplus?

If the bill qualifies to get the money why not take it. If we get 1 billion and the homelessness bill cost us over two billions, the region spends only 1 billion. The region can spend its surplus how it wants later. If federal money is allocated to the other regions we might not get it later (or people will have forgotten in a few months).
I happen to agree with this. Receiving an extra 1 billion dollars from the federal government does no harm. We should take this opportunity while we can.

As I've mentioned, perhaps we'd be better off saving the Federal Government a billion dollars if it's within our means to pay for this program ourselves.

Let's ballpark the collective surplus from previous budgets at around $19 billion (because screw math amirite?) We could pay for this five times over and still have money to spare.
I guess. Taking the money's a futile point anyway if the Governor is choosing not to do it.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies