Is comparing the Altas Moderators to Nazi Germany hyperbole? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:25:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is comparing the Altas Moderators to Nazi Germany hyperbole? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
Where's the fire? (yes)

Gee I really have no idea. (Lazy Option)

It really depends on the situation (Neutral Hero?)

SOMEDAY YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE THEM.......BOTH YOU AND THEIR HEEEEEEEIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!! (No)

BRTD, get out of Mechaman's Account!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Is comparing the Altas Moderators to Nazi Germany hyperbole?  (Read 1520 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »
« edited: December 03, 2010, 02:59:11 PM by angus »

Sure, but it's fun.  The banning was reactionary and unnecessary, just as these comparisons to the NSDAP policies are reactionary and unnecessary.  But really, folks are rightfully upset by the banning of Libertas, and they associate the squelching of people and their ideas with fascism.  

¡Viva Libertas!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 04:47:52 PM by angus »

For the record... let's stay away from comparing the mods to Nazi's "banning" Jews.  If you want to call me a Nazi, fine, whatever, I've been called much worse (that actually brings some humorous stories to mind), but when you say that the banning of Libertas is like the Nazis banning Jews, you have crossed a serious line that is extremely offensive and demeaning to the Jews who went through the Holocaust.

I don't think anyone is comparing the banning of Libertas to any holocaust.  At least I have seen no specific references to the Final Solution herein, except by Mechaman in his OP.  But that post misconstrues and misrepresents all previous comparisons, don't you think?  The posters in the recent Libertas threads are merely comparing the moderators to Nazis.  Their signatures compare the moderators to Nazis.  The NSDAP government is well known for the repression of it citizens and their viewpoints, and for having folks with whom they disagreed mysteriously disappear.  The comparison, though overstated, is apt. I will grant, mein Obersturmführer, that you have not literally sent Libertas to the Russian Front, or imprisoned him, or forced him to undergo quasi-scientific medical experiments, but for the purposes of this forum, and the existence of his on-line persona herein, you might as well have done just that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies