Anyone watching the DNC Chair debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:45:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anyone watching the DNC Chair debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone watching the DNC Chair debate?  (Read 2015 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: January 19, 2017, 09:20:58 PM »

Yeah I tuned in like 15 minutes ago. Ellison is defending caucuses, and although he made a pretty good argument for them, Jehmu Greene of SC correctly pointed out that voters don't have time.

I also like Buttigieg (Mayor of South Bend) and Jaime Harrison (SC Democratic Party Chair), but I realize that DNC chair isn't some kingmaker. I just want to win elections. Bernie people need to get this in their head.

If you want to control the party, you have to control every piece of important machinery.

Deciding funding priorities, electoral methods, and various new initiatives sounds pretty important to me.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:51:21 PM »

Buttigieg is the Clear Choice IMO

(& he would have the confidence and support of BOTH Clinton & Sanders wing... since he didn't take sides)

No, he really wouldn't.

Sanders people have *their guy.* This isn't about asking for scraps from the establishment anymore.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:48:19 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2017, 12:43:51 AM by Chickenhawk »

Buttigieg is the Clear Choice IMO

(& he would have the confidence and support of BOTH Clinton & Sanders wing... since he didn't take sides)

No, he really wouldn't.

Sanders people have *their guy.* This isn't about asking for scraps from the establishment anymore.
I'm still with Keith, but if Buttigieg really didn't endorse either Clinton or Sanders in the primary,* then he is a de facto consensus candidate. The Clinton wing needs to give up some power, but the Sanders wing doesn't get everything either.

* I thought he did endorse Clinton in the primary, but there's a general point about the ideological middle ground within the Democratic Party (as opposed to the general polity) that needs to be made. Ideological purity is going to get us killed as much as DLC-bullsh**t that fails to energize.

Eh. We should fight like the devil for everything, whether we get it or not is up to our opponents.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies