Let the great boundary rejig commence (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:05:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Let the great boundary rejig commence (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let the great boundary rejig commence  (Read 187212 times)
freefair
United Kingdom

« on: June 22, 2011, 11:42:51 AM »
« edited: June 22, 2011, 11:49:24 AM by freefair »

I'd agree with splitting Meirionnydd, the southern half below the Mawddach  seems much more culturally and logistically in tune with West Montgomeryshire and Northern Ceredigion.
A "Cambrian Coast" , or "Aberdyfi" seat (a fitting geographical description and the name of the area's premier seaside resort) could be one idea.
freefair
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »

On Thursday, I'll be going to the Liberty Stadium in Swansea (as a representative of my aunt and grandparents in law) to query about the carving up of Montgomeryshire into Gwynedd, Glyndwr and Powys South. Is anyone else coming along (as it would be nice to put faces to forum names)?
I know it a shame to abolish such a historic constituency (though only at Westminster level), but I do feel that with regards to Gwynedd the W.B.C have made the right decision as Machynlleth does seem more like Meirionydd in both geography and community, as does everywhere west of Mallwyd in the humble opinion, once past the Brigands Inn you feel like you are in Snowdonia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies