would the postal service run more efficiently w/o unions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:39:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  would the postal service run more efficiently w/o unions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: would the postal service run more efficiently w/o unions?  (Read 2876 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: August 04, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »

I find unions counterproductive. It's one of the main reasons I vote Republican. In the postal service it leads to snail mail. Today we have more efficient means of transportation and communication such as e-mail, texting, and social media. They need to get with the times. Our government should provide a postal service, but an efficient and reliable one. One thing I've found about government unions anyways is that congress makes most of the decisions. What if we let postal unions make their own decisions and run themselves?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »

You oppose postal unions?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »

The customer service at the postal service is honestly no worse than any private company's, in my experience, and often better. My mom receives and sends a lot of mail as part of her business, and they're always very friendly and helpful to her.

Yea right. If your mom is using the postal service a lot and they know her well then they're going to be nice to her. For those of you who are Democrats, I had to wait to get my driver license renewed because the post office misspelled my name on the confirmation of address change form that I brought to the DMV as proof of address. I hate bureaucracy. When I have a problem with my car or car insurance however, State Farm is there to kiss my ass in many ways.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »

If USPS had such great customer service, how come absolutely nobody uses them in the one area they don't have a legal monopoly on (package delivery), even though they're usually cheaper?

[citation needed]

Plenty of people ship packages through USPS.

The customer service at the postal service is honestly no worse than any private company's, in my experience, and often better. My mom receives and sends a lot of mail as part of her business, and they're always very friendly and helpful to her.

Yea right. If your mom is using the postal service a lot and they know her well then they're going to be nice to her. For those of you who are Democrats, I had to wait to get my driver license renewed because the post office misspelled my name on the confirmation of address change form that I brought to the DMV as proof of address. I hate bureaucracy. When I have a problem with my car or car insurance however, State Farm is there to kiss my ass in many ways.

You have the same bureaucracy at UPS or FedEx. It's not just going to disappear by privatizing things. The person behind the counter at the UPS store doesn't magically stop being grumpy and unhelpful just because his employer is listed on the stock exchange and he has sh[inks]tty benefits.

It's not bureaucracy without government. At least people have a choice with which private postal system they use. I'm not arguing for any policy changes for anything though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies