Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 31852 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »

I'm 29 and I've had pneumonia twice in my life (I think at 6 and 10). It had nothing to do with my overall health. I had to have breathing treatments I think on nearly a daily basis for almost two weeks one time. Sometimes, people just get sick. As hard as it may be for some on the right to believe, Hillary Clinton is a human being and human beings can get sick. If anything, it shows her strength and pride that she came out at all to pay her respects to those we lost.

I agree though, considering the ages of the candidates, I think both Clinton and Trump should release full medical records. That means BOTH candidates should reveal the unvarnished truth about their actual or potential infirmities.

Still, I will say that Hillary Clinton looks far more healthy than Donald Trump. Hillary Clinton looks quite typical for a woman of her age. Donald Trump is fat, not that there's anything wrong with that (although it does invite a whole host of potential ailments). I remember the Benghazi hearings from last year. Hillary came out of that looking spectacular. I also remember how many of the Republican Congressmen that looked red in the face and dripping with sweat. They did not look healthy. Should we condemn them for their infirmities? There is a part of me that says yes just to get back at them.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:03 PM »

I'll admit the optics aren't good, but it's not like she waited a month to tell everyone after the fact that she had pneumonia. There's really no big conspiracy when it comes to the Clintons. I think they, especially Hillary herself, are pretty introverted and private people that have trouble with being totally transparent about all aspects of their lives (yes, Bill is extroverted, but I think he still values privacy). I think Hillary is a very proud person and tries her best not to display any weakness. Trust me, everyone knows someone like that.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »

Pneumonia is highly contagious, yet she chose to go out and take part in a highly public festival on the 15th anniversary of 9/11, in NYC of all places.  That was deeply irresponsible.  Then, being the deceptive person she is, her campaign said that she was "overheated," which makes no sense since NYC today was a lovely 80 degrees.  I was out all day, and nobody fainted from "overheating." After retreating at her daughter's $10M penthouse apartment (bought for by clinton foundation donor money, most likely), she released a note from her doctor which stated that she was diagnosed with Pneumonia back on Friday.

And pretty humid as I understand, which doesn't make it easy for even perfectly healthy people to breathe.

Pneumonia isn't highly contagious, especially since she apparently has the milder version termed "walking pneumonia". This is only an issue because she happened to get sick a few days after Labor Day in presidential election year. She's being treated with some of the best doctors in the world. Granted, I don't know how one takes it easy when running for the Presidency, but she's going to be fine. Anyone can get pneumonia, but at least she has access to the best doctors in the world. As President, her health will be monitored even moreso with the best doctors in place to maintain her health. Please don't put any stock into the National Enquirer and the like.

And what the hell does the monetary value of her daughter's apartment have anything to do with anything at all?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:32:55 PM »

To the red avatars, quit running as chickens with your head cut off to defend your princess at the slightest case of bad optics for her. Truth is they were scrambling to cover this up and got busted, suck it up. A lot of you are just complete hacks.

I never said the optics were good, but it's hardly a scandal that the Clinton campaign withheld the fact that she has pneumonia for two days. Is the fact that the (potential) President is a human being can actually get sick a startling revelation for the right-wing (let alone the American public as a whole)? It's not a conspiracy. Hillary is almost certainly an introverted private person, yet also very proud and dignified. She wants to convey a strong exterior without any weakness. Like I already said, we all know people like that.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 01:46:41 AM »

I wonder if this will be the beginning of people realizing they have been way too hard on her.
You'll try and spin anything wont you?

Well, it's true. She has pneumonia and didn't tell the public because she knew she was being held to a ridiculous standard that put her in a catch-22 scenario. So instead, she forged ahead, kept on with a full schedule, and overall had a pretty decent week. And she's done all of this with a smile on her face, backwards and in high heels.

The way she quietly confronts her challenges—ones that another person probably wouldn't have to face in the same position—without making hay of the situation is pretty admirable.

It is sexism, pure and simple. There's no other explanation why Donald Trump gets handled with kid gloves by the media while Hillary Clinton is attacked at every instance. I'm not worried about this at all. Politically, this might be pretty good for her. Just wait until the strong and resilient Hillary Clinton shows up on the debate stage two weeks from now and crushes Donald Trump with her superior intellect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies