How did your grandparents vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:05:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did your grandparents vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did your grandparents vote?  (Read 16704 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 02, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2015, 06:27:28 PM by Dancing with Myself »

My Dad's Father:

A Democat but a very conservative one. Yet he loved Kennedy with a passion and probably voted for him in 1960 when he and my grandmother still lived in Florida. My dad said he was always saddened and angered when and after he was killed. In 64 I have no clue but I know in 1968 he supported Wallace and liked him as much as Kennedy. He was angered when he was shot too. IDK if he liked Carter or not but probably not due to his lack of backbone. He liked Reagan I believe because he of his foreign policy. He died in 1989 due to lung cancer so who knows how he would have went. I see him being more of a Republican now.

Dad's Mother

She's always been a lifelong Democrat. She liked Kennedy and Johnson but not Wallace I don't think. Never mentioned McGovern to me but I know she was a Carter fan. In fact she told me once: "I loved Jimmy he was never given a chance the poor guy." Never asked her about Reagan or Bush Sr but she loved Clinton as much as Carter and loathed Dubya. In 2008 she supported Hillary and wasn't enthusiastic about Obama. Have no clue who she liked in 2012.

Mother's Parents:

They are both loyal Republicans. As far as I remember around 2000 or so they were pro Bush and anti Gore/Kerry. They voted McCain and Romney in 2012. My grandfather particularly loaths Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies