Which of these three songs best represents the 90s? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:01:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which of these three songs best represents the 90s? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these three songs best represents the 90s?
Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Which of these three songs best represents the 90s?  (Read 4970 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 11, 2014, 01:05:51 PM »

She "stayed relevant"? Ha! She evolved into a brand name in the '90s. But it could be a geographical thing as well. Or it could be an unanswerable question.

My initial reaction was the same- uh, dude, Madonna was definitely the 80s. But after looking into it I might agree. Then again, she was the top earning celebrity of 2013 so......

To me, Springsteen is wall-to-wall in the '80s (and beyond). He's the musician of that decade. Madonna's success crescendos by the end of the '80s and then explodes in the '90s (and beyond).

But it's a very subjective discussion (like being a 7th grade boy and seeing her in Dick Tracy and thinking, whoa!). But you know, is Shakespeare a great 16th century author, or a great 17th century author? Hmm. Both, obviously!

Springsteen's best stuff came out in the 70s.

As for the songs here, I voted for the second one (mostly because it's the only one I like).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies