Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165988 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: June 18, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »

I obviously trust the SPCA more than the guy who can't string two sentences together coherently. Leaving a puppy outside all day is abusive. Dogs are social animals, and they depend on close attention from and interaction with their family, particularly at an early age.

So, your opinion is since I don't bring the dog inside is that I should lose the dog and be thrown in jail for animal cruelty?

http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/reporting-cruelty-faq.aspx#crueltyincomm

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bushie, you're not going to go to jail even if somebody actually did report you. The police don't have time to deal with that (they're too busy beating up black people and drug users). The most drastic thing that would happen is that you'd have the dog taken away from you.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #776 on: June 18, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »

Although, I would greatly enjoy it if Bushie does get arrested and goes to trial and the Update is cited as evidence in court. Oh, and Bushie starts a new season detailing the events of the trial.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #777 on: June 18, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »

I obviously trust the SPCA more than the guy who can't string two sentences together coherently. Leaving a puppy outside all day is abusive. Dogs are social animals, and they depend on close attention from and interaction with their family, particularly at an early age.

So, your opinion is since I don't bring the dog inside is that I should lose the dog and be thrown in jail for animal cruelty?

http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/reporting-cruelty-faq.aspx#crueltyincomm

Bushie, you're not going to go to jail even if somebody actually did report you. The police don't have time to deal with that (they're too busy beating up black people and drug users). The most drastic thing that would happen is that you'd have the dog taken away from you.

There is no reason for the dog to be taken.  We are not mistreating him.  Everybody is just trying to frame me and blackmail me.  Opie is right, this is a pure witch hunt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »

I have found the forum's new favorite activity:  Assassinate Bushie's character for no reason.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »

There is no reason for the dog to be taken.  We are not mistreating him.  Everybody is just trying to frame me and blackmail me.  Opie is right, this is a pure witch hunt.

Ooh, that's a new one. I like it. What are we demanding from you as part of this blackmailing deal?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2013, 08:59:23 PM »

Ooh, that's a new one. I like it. What are we demanding from you as part of this blackmailing deal?

You're sick.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #781 on: June 18, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »

I have found the forum's new favorite activity:  Assassinate Bushie's character for no reason.

Maybe it's time to end "the show" if you don't like the "viewer" response?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #782 on: June 18, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

Bushie's responses aren't even making any sense now. Perhaps we have rattled him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #783 on: June 18, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »

Bushie's responses aren't even making any sense now. Perhaps we have rattled him.

I have been rattled.  My character is being assassinated for really no good reason.  Leaving the dog outside is not cruel and unusual punishment as it were.  People need to cool it, including myself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »

You know what, though, I have been rattled, but I feel good.  This forum, no matter how bad it seems, cannot hurt me.  There will be no locking of this thread.  You guys can post hateful rhetoric all you want.  It does not make a difference on how I conduct my life or how I take care of this dog.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #785 on: June 18, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »

Leaving the dog outside is not cruel and unusual punishment as it were.

Obviously, many here disagree with that.  If you're going to post that you're doing what many here consider cruel, don't be surprised that they voice their opinions on the matter.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #786 on: June 18, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »

Leaving the dog outside is not cruel and unusual punishment as it were.

Obviously, many here disagree with that.  If you're going to post that you're doing what many here consider cruel, don't be surprised that they voice their opinions on the matter.

Their opinions are fine.  Its just the threats to call the authorities to take this dog away from me.  The only post I have a problem with is Nix's post earlier of my "mugshot".  I've reported it and PM'd both Badger and Inks for resolution.  The rest of the thread doesn't bother me that much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #787 on: June 18, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »

It looks like I'll have great weather in Kisumu. Highs 82-84, Lows 63-65, Rain Saturday and Tuesday. Friday Night/Saturday Morning in Nairobi - 54-55.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »

This forum, no matter how bad it seems, cannot hurt me. 

Too bad the same isn't true of you and the dog.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #789 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »

Bushie letting his dog inside in the Oklahoma summer so he can cool off and be socialized properly would be a nice demand.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #790 on: June 18, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »

While I agree the dog needs some socialization and shelter, it would be nice to see the Forum half as outraged about the conditions of the human characters in the story. Daddy works 60 hours a week just to keep the family in a trailer. How about some indignation about that situation?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »

While I agree the dog needs some socialization and shelter, it would be nice to see the Forum half as outraged about the conditions of the human characters in the story. Daddy works 60 hours a week just to keep the family in a trailer. How about some indignation about that situation?

He's worthy of some sympathy as well, sure.  But Bushie only takes advantage of him as much as he allows.  Papa Bushie could always cut Bushie off if he so desired.  Blondie has no such option.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2013, 11:24:14 PM »

He's worthy of some sympathy as well, sure.  But Bushie only takes advantage of him as much as he allows.  Papa Bushie could always cut Bushie off if he so desired.  Blondie has no such option.
If he cut Bushie off, Bushie would be homeless. Not everybody has the capacity to support themselves. At best, Bushie could earn minimum wage at BigBoxMart. And Papa would still be working very hard and still living in a trailer. Is that really better for anybody? FWIW, I own two (inside) dogs and they are very dear to me.
Charles

Boots

But people come first.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »

Someone should write some Update fanfiction.

If Bushie isn't able to post from Kenya and there's an Update drought, then I'll post some "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy and Blondie" on Sunday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #794 on: June 18, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »

A little hour counting as I'm about to hear the 24 hour bell ring.

Bed Time - 24 hours
Wake Up - 27 hours
Depart for WRWA - 30 hours
Depart for Dulles - 34:40
Arrive Dulles - 37:28
Depart for Brussels - 40:50
Arrive Brussels - 48:15
Depart for Rwanda/Nairobi - 52:35
Touchdown in Rwanda - 61:00
Depart for Nairobi - 62:15
Arrive Nairobi - 63:35
Arrive Hotel - 66:00
Arrive at Nairobi Airport - 70:00
Depart for Kisumu - 72:00
Arrive Kisumu 73:00
Arrive Maisha 77:00
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #795 on: June 19, 2013, 01:01:27 AM »

Opebo being the knight in shining armor defending Bushie is an endearing twist to Season 8

Two guys who don't live in the real world. Makes sense.

Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #796 on: June 19, 2013, 01:33:30 AM »

Bushie please do not support the GOP. You have witnessed first hand how much those outside your caste disdain you and your people. Supporting the GOP is tantamount to consent for such inhumanity.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #797 on: June 19, 2013, 02:00:36 AM »

This has been a really dark season. Between Bushie's poor father, who seems at odds with Bushie and his mother when it comes to everything including the enchilada casserole, and the poor little puppy that's left outdoors in the Oklahoma heat, this is a mess.

The main character is really an unlikeable guy, sort of like Walter White's transformation. Bushie is morphing into a real Heisenberg. Before, I thought Bushie was a good guy who's heart was in the right place, but now, I am not so sure about that.

Oh, wow, excellent analogy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #798 on: June 19, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »

bushie do you not worry that blondie may be struck by a vehicle?  even if you dont live on a 'busy' road?  it just takes one car...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #799 on: June 19, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 08:21:01 AM by Grumps »

bushie do you not worry that blondie may be struck by a vehicle?  even if you dont live on a 'busy' road?  it just takes one car...

I'd be more worried about a raccoon, who would totally win vs. Jeff Junior, or some other critter that populates the sad area where Bushie lives.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies