Trump Cabinet confirmation hearings **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Cabinet confirmation hearings **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Cabinet confirmation hearings **live commentary thread**  (Read 130793 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« on: January 10, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »

Sessions will probably be okay given that he freely gave out the Olive Branches of recusing himself from any further investigations against Clinton or her foundation, and enforcing Roe and Obergefell. My estimate of the Confirmation vote is 56-44 in favor.

If he does this, then ok, I can live with it. I still would consider him unqualified and wrong on many things, but that's probably as good as a trump cabinet member could be.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:01:32 PM »

The Queen of the Dutch Mafia should be voted down, and in a sane world would be. But her family money is tied up with too many Republicans for her to actually voted down on qualifications. Unless some scandal material is uncovered soon she will be confirmed.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

Cheers to you Collins and Murkowski!
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »

Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake etc can vote against Devos can't they? Surely someone else can vote!

Any nominee voted down in a Republican majority Senate will be a massive embarrassment for the Republican party!

Imagine the Trump tweets - He is gonna burn the GOP senators!

I think Ben Sasse burned his bridges a long time ago. What else does he have to lose?

Sasse I'm sure would line up with DeVos views though. He's no moderate

Yeah this is going to be tricky to find another vote. It will probably have to be a surprising one that hasn't gotten a lot of DeVos money in the past.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »

I don't understand a thing, maybe it's just because I'am a fool...Collins and Murkoswski are both in the Committee competent about Education...this Committee is 12-11 Republican...so, not even both, but just the vote of one of them would have blocked DeVos in the preliminary fase, without the need of a full floor Senate vote...if they weren't willing to vote for her, why did they vote for advancing her nomination in Committee?

It looks pretty clear now that McConnell let these two vote no to placate their constituents who were going hard at them on DeVos. But he wasn't going to let them actually block the process. So just like the 50 other R senators had no choice but to vote "Yay", Collins and Murkoswki had no choice but to vote "Yay" on the Committee. We, critics of DeVos, should really not hold them up as Moderate Heroes...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »

F that DINO.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 02:11:41 AM »

Gross 51-47
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »

There were other deplorable nominations, but its good to see at least one go down.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 02:15:03 PM »

50-49 #senate confirmed the nomination of @RepJBridenstine to serve as Administrator of @NASA

Senator McCain did not vote.

-------

Next week:

Nomination of Stuart Kyle Duncan to the 5th Circuit Court
Hearing for the Nomination of Ronny L. Jackson to lead the VA (Wednesday 2:30 pm in the Committee on VA)
Nomination of Mike Pompeo to be Secretary of State

That sound you hear is me swearing and throwing things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies