The International Tribune - [Superique goes to Brussels] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:33:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The International Tribune - [Superique goes to Brussels] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The International Tribune - [Superique goes to Brussels]  (Read 24606 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: June 30, 2014, 12:08:04 AM »

JCL -- don't worry, its going to work out perfectly because the SOEA both creates AND solves the problems. There is no problem with the way the GM/SOEA/SOIA positions are setup.

I'm sorry, is this a criticism? =P

Not of you but of the way the position is setup. It's absurd.

To be fair, as someone who actually gave a stuff about foreign policy as president and was SoEA, it's a BITCH of a topic to get anyone interested enough to permit the SoEA to step back and not be, to put it plainly, judge and jury.

I think it's hard to not have that kind of set up, but bodies like the Senate and the President and the public need to care enough to start to create different angles and complications to scenarios established by the SoEA.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:05:28 PM »

This is a plan most hostile towards Israeli territorial integrity. Call everybody back to the table and don't leave till the territorial boundaries after the Yom Kippur War are given back to Israel. If not, I will.

Really, you are a supporter of Greater Israel!? How cute! Maybe I'm confused but I believe that you want to see Israel become an Apartheid isolated and antidemocratic state in the future or at least you seem to forget that, by keeping the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, Israel, in a near future, won't have a Jewish Majority! I'm not the one that is trying to make Israel collapse, that folk is you... Moreover, what do you mean by "I will", are you going to create a movement to go back to the negotiation table? How will you name it? "Greater Israel Super PAC", "In Apartheid we trust" or maybe "I don't want peace anyway"?

Israel got most of its settlements, Palestine is a state with no military, non-radical groups are governing Palestine now, Jerusalem will be more integrated and less divided than it is now, Israel will stop to be seen as an invader or a colonialist state by many nations, the Arab Countries will finally recognize the Jewish State and still you say that this plan is harmful for Israel. Do you know what is harmful to Israel and Sionism? It is to remain ruling over Judea and Samaria while the Muslim population keeps increasing, it is to keep working on a illegitimate control over lands that don't belong to them and it's to be kept isolating itself.

I really don't see your point. You keep talking about Jerusalem and that seems your only are of concern. Mr. Abbas and Mr. Herzog made an outstanding deal, nothing was imposed, nothing was mandatory, they came out with this reasonable and sensible agreement. There's no way we will go back to the negotiation table just to see Israel with full control of Jerusalem.  We were so careful about the whole project that I can't even understand why you bother so much to post your periodical and empty criticism. I don't want to argue with you JCL, nonetheless, despite all your contributions to Atlasia,I see no reason why should I agree with your point of view. You also talk about "Territorial Integrity" but you seem to forget that we've allowed Israel to remain with some important settlements: Maaleh Adumin, Gush Etzion, Ariel and so many others.

Best Regards,

SoEA Superique.

I'm not advocating an apartheid state. This is a matter of property rights and the Atlasian government has no right to make Israel concede land won in a just war back to their Islamic neighbors. The Palestinians  need to agree to live by Israel's laws or go to an Islamic friendly nation.

Unfortunately, the laws of Israel and how they are applied almost guarantee an apartheid-like state. This needed to be addressed and hopefully, once the agreement starts to be implemented, the right balance between equality and decent living-standards for Palestinians and security and recognition for Israelis can be struck.

An agreement has been reached between Israel and the Palestinian Authorities, passed by the Knesset and overwhelmingly supported by the Palestinian people... you're in no place to call anyone back to the table to suit your politico-religious agenda.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »

JCL -- don't worry, its going to work out perfectly because the SOEA both creates AND solves the problems. There is no problem with the way the GM/SOEA/SOIA positions are setup.

I'm sorry, is this a criticism? =P

Not of you but of the way the position is setup. It's absurd.

To be fair, as someone who actually gave a stuff about foreign policy as president and was SoEA, it's a BITCH of a topic to get anyone interested enough to permit the SoEA to step back and not be, to put it plainly, judge and jury.

I think it's hard to not have that kind of set up, but bodies like the Senate and the President and the public need to care enough to start to create different angles and complications to scenarios established by the SoEA.

Better off creating a scenario and no one responding, than...doing the whole thing yourself? Its not a game if you're the sole person creating a problem and solving it...its just Superique writing on the what-if board if thats the case

I don't disagree that the scenario is not ideal... it's just I don't see foreign policy getting enough attention to say, hand it to the GM for example. If this is to be close to realistic, foreign policy needs a place, so sadly, it's down to the SoEA to actually do anything about it.

If you have more people getting involved on the topic, the Senate and President and public talking about it, engaging on the topic - that can shift events and outcomes. Trust me, I tried on numerous fronts to get people talking - I did get traction on the chemical weapons in Syria angle... but Euro-Zone instability? No etc etc
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »

This is pathetic! All my actions took so long to hapen that anyone could have interupted me and have a discussion on the issues. Moreover, there was time enough for the GM or anyonelse make a problematic about the Peace Deal.  I'm just doing my job and I've done a favor for Atlasia because now we can finally talk about Foreign Affairs matter in this game that is not related to the Palestine and Israel.

That was my point... as SoEA you can only do what you can. Very often you're the only one moving foreign policy discussions.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:11:54 PM »

I'd just like to note that the Secretary hasn't posted anything in this thread for 25 days. The last time the Secretary posted something that wasn't a reaction to the GM was a month ago.

ONE MONTH.

I assume he'll be facing impeachment?

The SoEA's absence has been noted and I'm very concerned about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies