Austrian teen girls secretly fly to Syria to fight in Civil War, parents shocked (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:42:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian teen girls secretly fly to Syria to fight in Civil War, parents shocked (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austrian teen girls secretly fly to Syria to fight in Civil War, parents shocked  (Read 7491 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: April 20, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »

If they did it voluntarily, it's still "brainwashing" - because they believe the silly motives of radical Islam and think that they might have any influence in this deadly war.

People tilt at windmills for all sorts of reasons. To say that voluntarily taking extreme and quixotic actions in the service of extreme and quixotic beliefs is itself brainwashing simply because of the extremity and quixotic nature of the actions and beliefs strikes me as lazy, and something of an insult to people who actually have been brainwashed. It doesn't help give us any understanding of how these things happen or how these people think.

Yes I agree, brainwashing demand much more than this. These girls choose to become extremists, yes they may be young and stupid, but so are most of the people when they start embracing extreme ideologies.

So while I feel sorry for the parents, whatever happens to these girls, they have brought it on themselves, and I feel no more sorry for them, than for any other person, who tries to spread pain and suffering to the innocent.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »

She lived by the sword, she died by the sword. While I'm of coursethink it's sad for the girl's parents, I feel more sad for all the parents in Syria, whose children didn't decide to support a bunch of psychopaths, who have seen their children been killed or otherwise abused. She's dead, there are little more to say to that, except I hope all the other ISIS volunteers in Syria and Iraq join her.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 05:03:26 AM »

Fundamentalists Muslims usually aren't big on rape, unless it's spousal rape.

Yes you think, if you only used ones prejudices to think how they behave. The fact is that mujahedin have been well known for beastiality, their rapes of young boys (11-14 year old) are well documented (especially in Afghanistan, through this is also a general problem among the population at large) and the use of captive women as concubines are also well documented (and are defended theological).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies