Florida 2018: Mike Huckabee for governor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:55:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2018: Mike Huckabee for governor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida 2018: Mike Huckabee for governor?  (Read 3551 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: August 25, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »

Yes, you read correct. Looks like the Huck is eying on a run for governor in Florida: http://floridapolitics.com/archives/217601-mike-huckabee-florida-governor

According to Wikipedia, he's leading in a primary poll, while Crist is ahead in the Democratic field. Would be interesting to see a 2018 gubernatorial race between the Huck and Charlie.
That poll also shows Pam Bondi, who ruled out a run, in second place.

Sure. Pam Bondi has slightly more name recognition than the rest of the cabinet. She doesn't have anywhere near enough friends in the party or the donor class to fight a serious primary campaign. It would be like Rick Scott running except without any money.

^^Of course, I was firmly convinced that Rubio wasn't running for reelection until a week before he made his announcement when someone in the know told me that it was actually more than media hype, so who knows?

To be fair I don't think ANYONE had heard anything to the contrary until a week or two before he had announced it. You're right about Huckabee and Putnam, of course. Doesn't mean that the forum and the media won't chase any wild rumors they hear.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies