I just received the following letter- (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 08:38:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I just received the following letter- (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just received the following letter-  (Read 2469 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 27, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »

The thing is that when you have competition (multiple private companies running alongside each other) you have a lot more efficiency and a much better service. When the government does it, everyone gets poor service. When private companies do it, some people get good service (those who pay more), some people get poor service (those who pay less), and some people get none (those who can't pay). I prefer the latter system.

No, when private companies provide a service, 1st - only people with money can access the service, thus cutting out most citizens in the first place, 2nd - they have an incentive to cheat and deny the service whenever possible, and generally deceive even those customers who can afford the service, 3rd - and finally, the have an incentive to provide the service as cheaply as possible, so that the service will be of terrible quality.

By contrast with a State-provided service, everyone gets access, and the service is tremendously better.   Think of when you go to the DMV - a lot of propagandists say it is bad, but I've only ever had the nicest, friendliest, and most efficient services there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies