Are Mormons Christians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:06:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are Mormons Christians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It's kind of a split here.
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Are Mormons Christians?  (Read 4987 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 27, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »

It is time to educate one particular heathen Gramps. Why?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gramps, the lawyer sees nothing in the above text which precludes interim visits. Got many more for me?  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gramps, the lawyer sees nothing in the above text which precludes interim visits. Got many more for me?  Tongue

Christians don't believe in interim visits........how do you argue with a belief, Tore?  Wink

I am just working with the texts you offer up Gramps. Sure if you believe that the universe has only three one way trips in the offing (two of which tickets have already been punched) just because, yes, that is the time in the discussion when  you say, well you have been blessed with the gift of a leap of faith with which I was not, and then pass the bong. JMO. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »

Do Mormons (I don't know any) refer to themselves as Christians?
Yes they do.  Indeed, at one time they did not care to be called Mormons, but for the most part they have no problem with that now. (Some of the Latter Day Saint groups still do.)

Actually, Ernest, we're literally besieged with radio commercials for the Mormon religion and those in the commercials constantly say "and I'm a Mormon".........

I guess that you are listening to the "wrong" radio stations then Gramps. For me it is classical, or hard core rock, or Michael Medved/Hugh  Hewitt (there you are subject to the gold bug heist commercials ad nauseam) once in awhile.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:59:23 PM »

I have had since rocks cooled an inclination to eschew fights over capture the word. That is why you never see me participating in debates about what a "conservative" is, or a "liberal," and just who hews to which label, etc. It accomplishes nothing, and bores me. But that does not mean I am not curious what others think. What others think, their subjective reality, has objective consequences, so I don't think my curiosity is idle regarding the capture game, although there is nothing wrong with idle curiously, and I do indulge in it often. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies