Are Mormons Christians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:14:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are Mormons Christians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: It's kind of a split here.
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Are Mormons Christians?  (Read 4987 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: February 26, 2011, 10:07:26 PM »

I would say that Mormons are Christians in the same sense that Christians are Jews. They have additional dogma that most Christians reject. For lack of a better term I guess you could say they are a post-Christian religion in a sense.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »

I would say that Mormons are Christians in the same sense that Christians are Jews. They have additional dogma that most Christians reject. For lack of a better term I guess you could say they are a post-Christian religion in a sense.

They sort of fall into a similar category as Muslims, though in a vastly different way.

Yes. The significant difference is that in Islam their holy book not only adds new material but it changes the old material. Mormons on the other hand kept the Bible in its entirety, though I imagine that they view it through the lens of their new material in the same way that a Christian views the Old Testament through the lens of the New Testament.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »

Oh God, I've been seeing far too many of those stupid "I'm a Mormon" ads too, they're on YouTube now. What is the point of them?

proselytize
v.intr.
1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
v.tr.
To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

Duh.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As a government entity they have to accept all religious advertisers or none of them - are you that unfamiliar with the standards by which a secular government has to be run?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies