LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:14:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 82
Author Topic: LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races  (Read 215023 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »

Cook gave a long talk on C-SPAN about '14 generally, but he said about LA that Landrieu's facing her toughest opponent yet without the benefit of a good Dem year. Cassidy isn't defined statewide, he doesn't think Jindal and the leg will affect Landrieu's race for now. Discussed NC a bit but basically said it hasn't really developed yet.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #476 on: July 23, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »

But Landrieu is a bit a survivor, but yeah, Cassidy seems to be strong.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »

Roll Call on LA-Sen's downballot implications.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #478 on: July 27, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 11:34:00 AM by MilesC56 »

In case ya'll missed it, former Rep. Lindy Boggs (D) passed away today at the age of 97. Boggs' service began in 1973, after her husband, the venerable Hale Boggs, disappeared in a plane crash. She represented CD-2 and, even as the district was eventually drawn to be majority-minority, she was routinely reelected in landslides. From 1997 to 2001, she was the Ambassador to the Holy See.

Despite being one of the few women in Congress at the time, Boggs became one of its most respected members:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Finally, Senator Landrieu always cited Congresswoman Boggs as one of her closest mentors.

Senator Landrieu's statement:

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #479 on: July 27, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »

Back up in NC, it looks like we have yet more conflicts of interests from this Assembly. Some seats on the UNC Board of Governors were flat-out sold off by Tillis:

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2013, 11:34:33 AM »

I hope Tillis will continue to seek this seat Cheesy
illegaloperation

« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »

Back up in NC, it looks like we have yet more conflicts of interests from this Assembly. Some seats on the UNC Board of Governors were flat-out sold off by Tillis:

I read that yesterday. It's not that surprising.
illegaloperation

« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »

Ditto
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »

Maybe if this were a "LA and NC 2006 Congresional Races" thread it would be more interesting.

So you have to go back to 2005 to find stuff to troll this thread with!? 'Maybe you need to step up your game!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2013, 04:58:55 AM »

Is this candidacy ending? God I hope so.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #485 on: July 30, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »

Ellmers isn't running for NC-Sen, just breaking now on Twitter. Said she's running for reelection.
illegaloperation

« Reply #486 on: July 30, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »

Ellmers isn't running for NC-Sen, just breaking now on Twitter. Said she's running for reelection.

It guess the nominee is going to be Tills.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2013, 04:15:18 AM »

Sorry the Pubs, but if it's Tillis he has probably few chances to be elected.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:01 AM »

But Ellmers was supposed to neutralize Hagan advantage with women!!!!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2013, 07:47:42 AM »

In the wake of this horrendous Assembly session, Planned Parenthood will be focused on registering voters.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2013, 09:06:25 AM »

I'm considering into going into grad school after I graduate this May, but I'm not sure I want to rack up the debt associated with it. Luckily, Virginia Foxx, in her capacity as House Higher Education Committee Chair, wants to help me out with that:

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »

Rob Maness will have a speaking slot at the RedState convention this weekend in New Orleans. Other heavier-hitters there include Jindal, Perry and Cruz. Greg Brannon, who's running in NC to the right of Tillis, will also be there.

If Maness and Brannon make a good impression, then tea party groups could likely get more invloved in their races.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »

On the Senate side, Cassidy was advoacting for new EPA restrictions, but was getting some pushback locally and from the White House:

The LA Right to Life is pressuring Landrieu on a bill that would ban abortion after 20 weeks. The legislation passed the House but, thankfully, Reid won’t bring it up for a vote in the Senate.
illegaloperation

« Reply #493 on: August 01, 2013, 12:07:25 AM »

guess what is on the front page of Politico?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/north-carolina-senate-race-2014-kay-hagan-95025.html?hp=f1
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #494 on: August 01, 2013, 12:56:38 AM »

Wow, awesome!

Another talking point that bugs me:

She won by 9 points. She didn't need Obama to carry the state in 2012. Even in 2008, its not like she won off his coattails.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #495 on: August 01, 2013, 05:42:51 AM »

A lot of that though was from the Godless ad. I recall it being much closer before the ad was run.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #496 on: August 01, 2013, 05:49:09 AM »

Poor North Carolina Yankee, with a NCdem becoming the same democratic party in national lever, and the gop becoming even more extremist, you won't like politics in NC in the future!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #497 on: August 01, 2013, 07:56:39 AM »

Poor North Carolina Yankee, with a NCdem becoming the same democratic party in national lever, and the gop becoming even more extremist, you won't like politics in NC in the future!

I would recommend you not speak to me in such manner going forward. It is not a wise decision.

I have never liked NC politics in the eleven years I have been in this state. The NC Democratic party has been the same as the national party for twenty years with a corrupt populist face (take your pick there are dozens, many of them are or should be convicted felons) to keep up the numbers in the rural areas.

I actually like our position now more then a few years ago politically speaking and I feel good that a non-state gov't/non-US House candidate with some message discipline and several million dollars would make Hagan eat her pro-amnesty, pro-Obamacare voting record.

The biggest problem for McCrory right now is the economy. If unemployment starts dropping, then he should recover the same way that Kasich and Walker have. He has three and a half years to make that happen and as long as the GOP Senate candidate isn't a member of state government, the attention will be Hagan and her pro-Obama voting record,  not what has happened in Raleigh.

That is what I think the article is saying, that Hagan faces an electorate even more anti-Obama then the one that voted for Romney by about 100,000 votes last November and now she has to defend the votes she has cast for Obama's agenda in an even more hostile environment, whereas before she was the outsider running against an establishment insider, who in a bad year for the GOP ran perhaps one of the biggest blunders of a Senate campaign that whole decade.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #498 on: August 01, 2013, 08:51:34 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2013, 09:07:20 AM by Fusionmunster »

Fresh polls!

The good people of Louisiana are fed up with their rampant leftist Senator.

Its a GOP push poll. Take it with a grain of salt. Had to register because i couldn't let that be unsaid. No only that, but Magellan got the Colorado governor race so horribly wrong that its hard to take them seriously. Maybe if they do well this cycle but untill then there polls seem pretty GOP leaning and the questions they ask dont help their case.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #499 on: August 01, 2013, 09:04:53 AM »

I would recommend you not speak to me in such manner going forward. It is not a wise decision.

I have never liked NC politics in the eleven years I have been in this state. The NC Democratic party has been the same as the national party for twenty years with a corrupt populist face (take your pick there are dozens, many of them are or should be convicted felons) to keep up the numbers in the rural areas.

I actually like our position now more then a few years ago politically speaking and I feel good that a non-state gov't/non-US House candidate with some message discipline and several million dollars would make Hagan eat her pro-amnesty, pro-Obamacare voting record.

The biggest problem for McCrory right now is the economy. If unemployment starts dropping, then he should recover the same way that Kasich and Walker have. He has three and a half years to make that happen and as long as the GOP Senate candidate isn't a member of state government, the attention will be Hagan and her pro-Obama voting record,  not what has happened in Raleigh.

That is what I think the article is saying, that Hagan faces an electorate even more anti-Obama then the one that voted for Romney by about 100,000 votes last November and now she has to defend the votes she has cast for Obama's agenda in an even more hostile environment, whereas before she was the outsider running against an establishment insider, who in a bad year for the GOP ran perhaps one of the biggest blunders of a Senate campaign that whole decade.

I don't see how I have offended you, but sorry if it was the case, I don't search fight with you.

Well, corruption seems to be a north carolina problem. Both parties seem to have many corruption problems, the  NC dem,the NC gop now with Tillis,...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies