Will any Senators or Representatives defect from the Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:44:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will any Senators or Representatives defect from the Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will any Senators or Representatives defect from the Republican Party?  (Read 457 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« on: January 29, 2017, 09:41:02 PM »

Really depends on what Trump does and how the Republican leadership responds. If Trump sparks an unprecedented constitutional crisis and the establishment leaders completely waffle on any meaningful pushback, I wouldn't be surprised if some elements in the GOP end up going rogue. I'm not going to hazard a guess on likelihood, but factions of parties splintering off during times of tremendous intraparty turmoil has multiple precedents.

Trump would really have to be pushing things to the absolute brink and Ryan and McConnell would have to completely drop the ball in the worst way possible before I'd begin considering whether this was on the verge of occurring though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies