President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:40:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup  (Read 8676 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2017, 03:41:37 PM by Simfan34 »

Smash the barbarians! It's not about being cosmopolitan or elitist. It's about eating your steak like a sane, normal human being. The archetypical Texas everyman Hank Hill understood this perfectly well:

If you order a $60 steak only to have it burnt to a puck and then slather it with ketchup, you simply don't know what you're doing, and no amount of money in the world can change that. And if you don't know that, one can hazard there's a lot of other things you don't know how to do properly, or rather-less-than-subtle details you're incapable of picking up on.

A wise(r) man who insists upon burning his meat would at least have the sense not to waste a decent cut and use, I don't know, a chuck steak.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:37:28 PM »

Getting snooty about to eat steak is like getting snooty about how to drink soda. It's garbage food anyway, so who could possibly care! The cultural faults on display here are bizarre. Narcissism of small differences, I guess.

It pains me to say this to you, of all people, but this is nonsense, and it's hardly snooty. Your Joe Six-Pack in Tallahassee is probably just as likely to feel strongly about this as an executive on the Upper East Side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies