Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:42:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email at State Dept., Possibly Breaking Rules  (Read 10981 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: March 02, 2015, 11:11:37 PM »

This "scandal" makes Benghazi look like Watergate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »

The interesting thing was the reaction of the NYT readers who posted their opinions. There was no defense of the Clintons like there was in the past. More of a wish for Warren to get in to the race. It may or may not be something important.

Are you serious? The NY Times comment section has always hated Hillary and most of them still think Warren is going to run. They're about as representative of the Democratic Party as Daily Kos.

Anyway, if this lame desperate hit piece is the best the NY Times can do in their Sisyphean quest to create a competitive Democratic primary, it seems Hillary doesn't have much to worry about. She used a .com e-mail instead of a .gov e-mail?!?!?!?! WATERGATE REDUX!!! Still, this is why it's better for her to announce sooner rather than later. It's good to have an apparatus in place to respond to crap like this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Apparently the rules Hillary violated actually weren't in place until after she left. Also, previous Secretaries of State did the same thing (Kerry is actually first SoS to use .gov address)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/03/hillary-email-scandal-not-so-fast.html

I'm still curious about the security of her private email and how she handled classified stuff, but it may be that there is no scandal here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because it's not meant to be factual. It's just a hit piece.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:05:30 AM »

The interesting thing was the reaction of the NYT readers who posted their opinions. There was no defense of the Clintons like there was in the past. More of a wish for Warren to get in to the race. It may or may not be something important.

Are you serious? The NY Times comment section has always hated Hillary and most of them still think Warren is going to run. They're about as representative of the Democratic Party as Daily Kos.

Actually, speaking as someone who has been reading dailykos since 2005/06 I can say that from what i've noticed the face of it has changed and it's become more Clintonian over the years, and these days is overwhelmingly pro-Hillary with Markos himself endorsing her.

Oh yeah, I know that the owners are pro-Hillary (despite being vehemently against her in 2008), but the rank and file still seems pretty angry about it, from what I've seen/heard.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 03:51:53 AM »

Wow, Emailgate is having a disastrous effect upon Hillary's chances it seems. First her favorability drops a massive 0 points in the NBC/WSJ poll, and now she's gained 3 points in Wisconsin. Looks like it's the end of the line for Hillary's political career.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »

According to Politico (big caveat), Hillary's press conference can be summarized by her telling the press to go to hell:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/hillary-clinton-press-conference-115958.html#.VQDgPeFwsSk

Personally, I didn't really get that vibe when I watched it. But if that really was the case, I like her even more now (yes, apparently that's possible).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies