2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:52:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 56008 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« on: July 11, 2015, 01:47:15 PM »

Hillary for President!

June 18
New York City, New York

"Thank you all for coming out today. Today I announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States of America. I am running because we need a president who will take on income inequality head on. I am running because we need a president who will fight to reverse Citizens United. I am running because we need a president who will fight for police reform. I am running because we need a president who will protect the Affordable Care Act from the Republicans, who want to destroy it and throw millions people off of healthcare subsidies. We need a president who has the experience and resolve to deal with world leaders and to deal with international conflicts.

We are currently engaged in a struggle against the terror of ISIL. As president, I would continue President Obama's policies of fighting ISIL, but I will also acknowledge how ISIL came to be. The plain fact is the Republican Party has not learned from the reckless foreign policy exercised by the Bush administration. You hear them today, marching to the fife of war in Iran, in Syria, and, believe it or not, they're actually back to Iraq again. It's like they've come full circle."

The audience laughed.

"You hear prominent Republicans saying that knowing what we know now, they wouldn't have gone into Iraq, but their rhetoric has not changed. They still adopt the same reckless policies which led to this situation in the first place. I, on the other hand, have acknowledged I was wrong in my support of the war. My opinion changes with the facts. As president, I would not make the same mistake and return to war in Iraq.

As president, I would make meaningful electoral reform. First off, I would support term limits for congresspeople. We don't need career politicians in Washington who are slaves to lobbyists and big interests. We don't need politicians who shut down the government as a fundraising tactic. We need legislators. Power corrupts. We have witnessed that clearly with the obstruction from radicals in Congress. We have seen their willingness to take healthcare subsidies away from families for partisan political motivations. They have abused the power of the filibuster and of the redistricting pen. As president, I would take meaningful steps to reduce this type of reckless partisan politicking.

As president, I would fight aggressively on behalf of the American worker. The plain fact is that income inequality continues to expand. People who are working 40 hours a week are still living in poverty. People who are working 40 hours a week are still barely scraping by. These past six years have been great for progress, but there is still more work to do. As president, unlike the Republicans who would challenge me, I would be a surrogate of all people, of all backgrounds, and all creeds.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. In the coming months, I intend to fully unveil my ideas for the future of this nation.

Thank you all, God bless you, and God bless this country we love."
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »

So....
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:52 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2015, 06:05:47 PM by DimpledChad »

BREAKING NEWS
HILLARY: I HAVE CANCER

The former Secretary of State drops out of the running for president, citing personal health concerns; doesn't endorse any candidate, but promises to endorse a candidate during the primaries.

New York (CNN) - Hillary Clinton came out of the shadows today, after being absent from the campaign trail for a long period. The former First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State unexpectedly announced that she would be dropping out of the race for president.

"This past week, I was diagnosed with lung cancer by our family doctor. I underwent additional tests, got a second opinion, but it is certain. Therefore, I must withdraw my candidacy for president," Mrs. Clinton said at a press conference Wednesday to the shock of the world.

Mrs. Clinton said that she is dealing with advanced stage lung cancer, and will undergo chemotherapy treatment. "The doctors expect it to be very effective," she said, "but we're going to wait and see before we begin celebrating." Mrs. Clinton refused to endorse a candidate at this time, but insisted she would do so before the primaries are over.

Details are minimal at this time, but once they become more available, we'll bring them to you first. Watch this space.

UPDATE - Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh weighs in. Limbaugh said on his radio show, "What in the world will the Democrats do now? Their beloved left-wing crusader Hillary probably will be dead in five years." He went on to say, "I can't wait to hear the conspiracy theories these left-wing loons come up with! They'll probably say she was poisoned!" Stay tuned for future updates.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:16:53 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2015, 06:25:12 PM by DimpledChad »

REPORT: HILLARY WEIGHING REENTRY INTO RACE (CLARIFIED)

Washington (CNN) - With the encouragement of Al Gore for her to reenter the race and the news that chemotherapy has been highly successful, an anonymous member of Hillary Clinton's inner circle reveals to CNN, the former Secretary of State is considering relaunching her campaign.

News surfaced yesterday that chemotherapy to treat Hillary Clinton's advanced stage lung cancer has been "highly successful." It was reported that "about 95% of the cancer is believed to have been eradicated." A source close to Clinton reveals to CNN that there have been discussions about the viability of reviving the campaign. Our source wanted to be quoted as saying, "nothing is set in stone," but Clinton is weighing the possibility.

ABOVE: Al Gore suspends his campaign for president, at a press conference in Manhattan.

According to the insider, Clinton was planning to endorse Al Gore at a February 2 speech in Des Moines, just prior to the Iowa caucuses, before Gore dropped out of contention. Reportedly the two shared a phone call on Sunday, one day before Gore's withdrawal, described as "tense." Despite attempts by Clinton and her husband to persuade Gore to remain in the presidential race, he reportedly was firm in his decision to drop out.

Those are  the only details available to us right now. Watch this space.

UPDATE: According to a source who spoke to BuzzFeed News, the claim that Clinton is considering reentering the race is false. According to the BuzzFeed insider, Clinton will be staying out of the presidential race, but the insider reports the claim that she planned to endorse Al Gore is true. Also true is the report of a February 2 event in Des Moines, which apparently is still the plan. Reportedly, the Clintons "absolutely will not" be endorsing Bill Gates, who was endorsed by former Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush last month. The discussion is apparently focused on Elizabeth Warren and Gary Locke at the moment, but the other candidates remain possible endorsees. Watch this space.

UPDATE #2: The BuzzFeed story has been clarified. The insider BuzzFeed spoke to reports that there was in fact a discussion about reentering the race, but Bill Clinton poured cold water on it almost immediately, fearing for his wife's health. The discussion then went to the personal quarters of the Clintons. While the decision is still up in the air, the source came away with the feeling that Clinton will ultimately not revive her campaign, but did acknowledge that it remains a possibility. Stay tuned for further updates.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »

Des Moines, Iowa

"My friends today I must announce to you that I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 penial cancer and Stage 2 Brain Cancer. I must sadly say that the doctors have told me that I have about January of 2017 to live with that saying I'm dropping out of the presidential race. I have not decided who to make my endorsement of yet. I'm sad to say this but may God Bless You and may he bless America.

To Recieve my endorsement you have to work hard in Iowa and meet with me in person and lay out your views on abortion, common core and the UN.

I'm really sorry Dar but I don't have time anymore since school started.

But what's with all the cancer?

It's contagious maybe? Tongue
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 06:48:55 PM »

THE HEADLINES:
Bloomberg News: "Hillary bumps up Des Moines speech to TOMORROW"
NBC News: "VIDEO: What will Hillary announce?"
Fox News: "Clinton's plans unclear as announcement looms"
The Guardian: "EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton to endorse Gary Locke"
CNN: "REPORT: Hillary to announce reentry into race"
WaPo: "Clinton's ridin' with Biden"
National Enquirer: "INSIDER: Hillary to throw support behind DEEZ Nuts! Bill files for divorce."
ABC News: "Conflicting rumors create cloud of smoke around highly anticipated Clinton speech"
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 06:17:50 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2015, 06:36:44 PM by DimpledChad »

BREAKING NEWS
HILLARY BACKS GILLIBRAND

Despite the speculation surround a possible reentry into the race, Hillary Clinton has endorsed Kirsten Gillibrand in the campaign for the White House.

Des Moines (CNN) - Former Democratic Party presidential candidate Hillary Clinton announced at a Des Moines speech Sunday morning that she was endorsing Kirsten Gillibrand for president. Mrs. Clinton said Gillibrand's presidency would be "historic," and a "great leap forward for women in America and the world." She also called Senator Gillibrand "an effective legislator" and said she would be "just as effective as president."

Clinton and Gillibrand go back a long way, actually. Gillibrand, an attorney at the time, first met then-First Lady Clinton in 1996, a time when Independence Day was in theaters, the Macarena was the most popular dance in America, and Clinton-Gore was up for reelection. Gillibrand worked on her Senate campaign in 2000, and the two bonded. Gillibrand got elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2006, and took over Clinton's senate seat in 2009, when she left to serve as U.S. Secretary of State under Barack Obama.

Last July, Mrs. Clinton announced that she had advanced stage lung cancer, and dropped out of the presidential race. Rumors swirled back in January, once it was announced that chemotherapy had been "highly successful," that Mrs. Clinton intended to reenter the presidential race. Following the event in Des Moines this morning, Hillary Clinton adviser Huma Abedin revealed on State of the Union with Jake Tapper that after much deep thought, Clinton ultimately decided it would too late to reorganize the resources necessary to launch a successful presidential bid. Personal health concerns reportedly also played a role in the decision.

Mrs. Clinton's husband, former President of the United States Bill Clinton, also spoke at the event. Mr. Clinton said that Senator Gillibrand would be "extremely capable" as president and praised her stances on women's issues as "brave."

"Kirsten [Gillibrand] would be an
extremely capable president - in fact,
she's the most capable candidate
running. She's ready to be president."

- Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States

Senator Gillibrand said she was "honored and humbled to receive the endorsement of the most beloved couple in America." For further updates on Senator Gillibrand and the campaign, stay tuned to CNN's coverage of America's Choice 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies