Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 05:24:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 117757 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: December 29, 2016, 03:41:51 PM »

TL;DR - got so busy at work I made a mistake checking out a customer, she naturally gets pissed, I also get pissed and fight back, boss gets involved, takes away one of my raises as punishment and is currently considering slashing my hours in half

I hope everything works out for you. It can be breathtaking how little respect some people have for employees of stores they visit, and then in the scattered instances where the employee reacts, they act like they are the victim. Honestly it's the reason I never went back to any sort of retail/customer service job after working at a grocery store years ago. I can't stand the fact that you are essentially required to stand there and eat copious amounts of their bs with a smile on your face.

If he does cut your hours, even if not as drastically as half, perhaps it may be time to look elsewhere for employment Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1776 on: December 29, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »

...I'm gonna have to search for another job soon. The higher ups controlling payroll decided gut the number of hours I'm allowed to work at my current one.

The good news is, I have two more weeks (one more pay period) before the cutoff.

Bad news, I have to spend much of that money fixing up my ride.

What do you do?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1777 on: December 29, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »

...I'm gonna have to search for another job soon. The higher ups controlling payroll decided gut the number of hours I'm allowed to work at my current one.

The good news is, I have two more weeks (one more pay period) before the cutoff.

What do you do?

I'm a gym-monkey for UC Berkeley, been that for 3 years now [albeit mostly seasonally, undergrad was in  Virginia after all]. Not glamorous by any stretch of the imagination, but the commute is short, the hours are flexible, and the free membership is a plus.

Used to be that while technically contracted out like a student, it was possible to work full-time via fill-in slots if not a student.

But with the wage raise, they decided to cut those costs by leveling everyone who wasn't a supervisor of some sort down to the student's cap of 20 hours.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1778 on: December 29, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »

What do you do?

I'm a gym-monkey for UC Berkeley, been that for 3 years now [albeit mostly seasonally, undergrad was in  Virginia after all]. Not glamorous by any stretch of the imagination, but the commute is short, the hours are flexible, and the free membership is a plus.

Used to be that while technically contracted out like a student, it was possible to work full-time via fill-in slots if not a student.

But with the wage raise, they decided to cut those costs by leveling everyone who wasn't a supervisor of some sort down to the student's cap of 20 hours.

Ah. I have a similar gig at my school; they mad me a student supervisor (called a "lead") for this school year. I'll likely be there for grad school while working a full-time job, but I might try to keep a weekend or once-a-week shift just to ensure the continuation of my employee privileges (the main one being access to coffee). They have a budget for non-work study students, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1779 on: December 29, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »

My good friend (who I've told some of you about) is trying to convince me Christmas shouldn't be a federal holiday Roll Eyes

On the side note I'm going to the coyotes game tonight so that should be fun
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1780 on: December 29, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »

My good friend (who I've told some of you about) is trying to convince me Christmas shouldn't be a federal holiday Roll Eyes

And it needs to be renamed Holidaymas. The oppression must stop!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1781 on: December 29, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »

Decemberween is better, tbh.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1782 on: December 30, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »

Now you want another ween? Make up your mind!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1783 on: December 30, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »

I still want this one gone, but that doesn't mean we need to start saying "Homestar Runner, really great, Homestar Runner, ath-a-lete" again any less. Wink
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1784 on: December 30, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »

I still want this one gone, but that doesn't mean we need to start saying "Homestar Runner, really great, Homestar Runner, ath-a-lete" again any less. Wink

Especially since a new episode was released last week for the first time in God knows how many years. Grin Grin
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1785 on: January 01, 2017, 02:57:21 AM »

Your boy is now in a relationship. Happy New Year.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1786 on: January 01, 2017, 03:22:25 AM »

Congratulations! Although, I think this might be against the Atlas code of conduct. I'll have to double check.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1787 on: January 01, 2017, 03:25:30 AM »

Congrats!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1788 on: January 01, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

Writer's block.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1789 on: January 01, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »

Well, I'm back.

I'm sorry I didn't let anyone know I'd be away for a while. I'm sure most of you haven't missed me much (and I can't blame you, since objectively I'm mostly a spammer at this point) but some people have been wondering where I'd gone and I'm sorry I left them in the dark. I've been all right, just bummed out by the election just like most of you.

Anyway, the rise of T***p and T***pism (yeah, that's how I'm spelling it now, as long as this person and these values will have any sway on US and world politics - which is to say probably for the rest of my time here) has started changing my political perspective a bit, but describing how would be a bit too complicated and off-topic here. I've also heard scare stories about what this place has become (both on its left and right flanks), but I look forward to continue exchanging thoughts and ideas with all the decent, well-meaning people out here.

See you around. Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1790 on: January 01, 2017, 05:35:30 PM »

Well, I'm back.

I'm sorry I didn't let anyone know I'd be away for a while. I'm sure most of you haven't missed me much (and I can't blame you, since objectively I'm mostly a spammer at this point) but some people have been wondering where I'd gone and I'm sorry I left them in the dark. I've been all right, just bummed out by the election just like most of you.

Anyway, the rise of T***p and T***pism (yeah, that's how I'm spelling it now, as long as this person and these values will have any sway on US and world politics - which is to say probably forever) has started changing my political perspective a bit, but describing how would be a bit too complicated and off-topic here. I've also heard scare stories about what this place has become (both on its left and right flanks), but I look forward to continue exchanging thoughts and ideas with all the decent, well-meaning people out here.

See you around. Smiley

Tony! Grin

Welcome back bud!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1791 on: January 01, 2017, 05:38:53 PM »

Well, I'm back.

Anyway, the rise of T***p and T***pism (yeah, that's how I'm spelling it now, as long as this person and these values will have any sway on US and world politics - which is to say probably for the rest of my time here) has started changing my political perspective a bit, but describing how would be a bit too complicated and off-topic here. I've also heard scare stories about what this place has become (both on its left and right flanks), but I look forward to continue exchanging thoughts and ideas with all the decent, well-meaning people out here.

See you around. Smiley

Good to see you back.  I think the main remaining holdouts who last posted on Nov. 8th and haven't been back since are Joe Republic and Xahar.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1792 on: January 01, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »

Ugh, I really hope Xahar is all right. I can't begin to imagine how stressful this must be for him. All the best.

Hey LLR. Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1793 on: January 01, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »

Well, I'm back.

See you around. Smiley

Good to see you back.  I think the main remaining holdouts who last posted on Nov. 8th and haven't been back since are Joe Republic and Xahar.

Also IceSpear, evergreenarbor, and CXSmith
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1794 on: January 01, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »

Cheesy

The God has not abandoned us entirely.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1795 on: January 01, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »

Xahar is active on facebook, so we know he hadn't just dissapeared.

IceSpear did post for some time after the election.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1796 on: January 01, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »

Well, I'm back.

See you around. Smiley

All three of them have posted since the election.  Though, yeah, not recently.  IceSpear for example:

Has IceSpear issued a statement?  Hopefully he's more graceful in being totally wrong than TN Vol, who just moved the goalposts and is sure to remain as annoying as ever.

He hasn't logged on since election night... I hope he's alright

Yeah, I'm fine. I've been doing all my venting in real life to friends, family, and random acquaintances, and have tried to tune out of politics a bit for the time being. I even change the channel when the news is on. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1797 on: January 01, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »

Out of curiosity, which posters left after November 8 but returned before I did? Also, I've heard Afleitch left but then came back to make a point about disability - has he stuck around since? There were a bunch of philosophical discussions I wanted to challenge him to.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Tongue
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1798 on: January 01, 2017, 07:07:04 PM »

Great news. Hope you're doing fine?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1799 on: January 01, 2017, 07:26:51 PM »

Oh, personally (that is, if I don't stop to think about the future of humanity over the next few decades for too long), I'm doing pretty good. I've ended up genuinely enjoying teaching (though definitely not grading!) and hope I'm not too terrible at it.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies