looks like Tsipras has folded (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:58:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  looks like Tsipras has folded (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: looks like Tsipras has folded  (Read 8135 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: July 10, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »

Tsipras was (is) in an impossible position. I'm not sure if he's handled things in the best way, but then I'm not sure if there even is a best way by this point.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »

If you have a working class job (however defined) chances are you don't work Saturdays - which is why Saturday was traditionally the biggest day of the week for shopping in Britain - and if you do work Saturdays (i.e. if you're in retail) then you'll have a weekday off. Historically it was also the case the grocers sold a lot of their wares via delivery vans and in recent decades supermarkets are obviously open longer than normal work hours on weekdays...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Only if you defines a working class job as a job in manufacturing, yes that's how working class was traditional defined. But in the West vastly more "working class" people work and earn less in service jobs rather than in manufacturing jobs. This means that a lot of people work saturday and sunday and those people who are in the lower categories of earners.

Yeah (I have such a job atm and work Saturdays) but if you work weekends then generally you'll have time off during the week. And, again, supermarkets and corner shops are always open until way after normal working hours.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies