Opinion of Jfern? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:13:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Jfern? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Sorry, I had too...
freedom fighter

horrible person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Opinion of Jfern?  (Read 13141 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 22, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »

JFraud is a horrible person.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »

Got any evidence, or are you just mindlessly slandering?

You did say Republicans were stealing watches and that King Fahd was dead long before he really was.

Be fair to jfern.  He was just passing on/misinterpreting information.  Being wrong and lying are not the same thing.

He says Bush stole Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (I might be wrong about Ohio, that could be someone else). There's your lying right there.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 04:07:34 PM »

the whole 940-60 thing is just a thing that got out of hand.
I don't even know the whole argument, and I do think you do get a lot of unneeded crap for it, but you did bring it up this time and I think people are sick of hearing it.

The point is that for months many people thought I was wrong when I said that "940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level", which anyone who understands basic statistics would immediately realize is a true statement.

I clearly argued why it was true, but facts don't matter to a lot of people on this forum.

This problem can't be ignored, because a lot of time was spent arguing it. If people were still claiming I was wrong here, they're obviously going to claim I'm wrong everywhere.

okay, with a 95% CI, yeah, that's true.  But that's a lot to get upset over when someone doesn't understand that.   

As I said, many people were calling me JFraud, and claiming I was wrong, even though I had proven that I was right. I back up what I say more than most people on here, but this forum doesn't give a sh**t about the facts.  I had proven that my statement was true but people said that J.J. (who argued that it was false) knew more about statistics. That speaks volumes about this forum.

You just said it was statistically significant, not that it was significant when compared to a fair coin.  The first is an empty and meaningless statement, the second is obviously true.  And neither have anything to do with determining if there is a statistically significant relationship between temperatures and CO2 levels, the discussion that started the whole thing over a year ago now.

Can you read? I've said this many times, and long ago.

940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level"

You did say Republicans were stealing watches and that King Fahd was dead long before he really was.

I admitted that those news items were wrong. FoxNews later incorrectly reported that King Fahd was dead. I don't see you bashing FoxNews for that. You know what, lots of people report news that turns out to be incorrect. Yet only I seem to get bashed for it. Why is that? I was merely relaying what I thought was correct news. You on the other hand have slandered me and claimed that I know little of statistics, even though you think that a linear correlation of 94% can never be statistically significant. You are a low life ing hypocrite.

Be fair to jfern.  He was just passing on/misinterpreting information.  Being wrong and lying are not the same thing.

He says Bush stole Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (I might be wrong about Ohio, that could be someone else). There's your lying right there.

Care to explain why the SCOTUS ended the recount? Does the Florida scrub list mean anything to you?

Does the truth mean anything to you or do you have to continue to be the hack that you are? No need to answer that because I know the answer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies