Constitutional Amendment (The Right To Life Amendment) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:36:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Amendment (The Right To Life Amendment) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitutional Amendment (The Right To Life Amendment)  (Read 3339 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 17, 2005, 10:28:05 AM »

I urged the Senate to fight against this amendement as it is the will of Ebowed and PBrunsel alone, not the will of Atlasian citizens.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 06:10:17 PM »

I urged the Senate to fight against this amendement as it is the will of Ebowed and PBrunsel alone, not the will of Atlasian citizens.

It is my will to see this amendment passed. There are certainly some qualms I have about this amendment (I am now in favor of the death penalty), but in any situation it is always best to err on the side of life rather than death.

As for the federalism objection, I certainly agree that federalism should be preserved to the farthest extent possible. However, I refuse to believe that federalism is so sacred as to trump life.

I wouldn't really worry too much about what afleitch said - clearly he thinks that opinions are only with merit if the majority holds them.

Not at all. I am just very pro-choice and my convictions are just as strong as the oppositions. There should not be one inclusive bill. I agree with TexasGurl there should be three (for example I support abolishing the death penality)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 06:18:56 PM »

It is a pointless piece of legislation. You can actively oppose any of these things without banning them. Such an amendment would only serve to silence the pro-choice voice.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 06:25:28 PM »

It is a pointless piece of legislation. You can actively oppose any of these things without banning them. Such an amendment would only serve to silence the pro-choice voice.

You can also actively oppose murder, rape, theft, etc., without banning them, but generally these things are illegal because we have basic laws and standards.  I didn't realize you were an anarchist, although I suppose we learn something new everyday.

I understand and respect the fact that you feel strongly about the issue. As do I. I am not an anarchist by any means, I am simply Pro-Choice and I will make no apology for it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 10:11:06 AM »
« Edited: December 24, 2005, 10:12:50 AM by afleitch »

Amen Smiley

I'm pretty much against abortion in most cases but this amendment was a ridiculous intrusion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies