Lake Co, Tennessee (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:50:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lake Co, Tennessee (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lake Co, Tennessee  (Read 7389 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: June 29, 2008, 08:38:58 PM »

I remember seeing the Lake County result on election night and thinking that something must be wrong if a Republican actually won Lake County.

That being said, it's not out of the question this year.  I don't think it will be a 1972-ish swing, but I could see a 55-45 McCain result here.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:18:29 PM »

I remember seeing the Lake County result on election night and thinking that something must be wrong if a Republican actually won Lake County.

That being said, it's not out of the question this year.  I don't think it will be a 1972-ish swing, but I could see a 55-45 McCain result here.

You know the area better than I, but Wikipedia says it's 31 percent black, so unless McCain gets over 80 percent of the white vote here (which obviously Republicans in the past have come nowhere near getting) he ain't gonna win it at all, much less 55-45.

Didn't realize there were that many blacks... the county is desperately poor.  I went there once with a Sunday School class to visit a Methodist nursing home there.  I gotta think McCain is going to do way better than Bush did though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies