SENATE BILL: Shut Yo Face Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:23:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Shut Yo Face Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Shut Yo Face Resolution (Passed)  (Read 3187 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 03, 2012, 04:39:08 AM »
« edited: September 03, 2012, 04:41:45 AM by Senator Sbane »

I support this and also the amendment proposed by Scott. Sure, this could be construed as an attack on free speech but I am looking at it practically. Homely has a pretty tough job and we should try and make it easier for him. Anyone who wants to welcome people, or argue, can use the other thread and let Homely do his job efficiently. Also maybe we should give have a grace period where we educate the populace or give everyone a waiver for their first couple of violations. Many people don't pay attention to the Senate and they might not know this law was passed.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:15:39 AM »

The goal of the bill shouldn't be to actually to catch people doing this and punishing them, but rather discouraging the behavior. Perhaps the penalties are too severe but what is the alternative? If it's just an admonition, I don't think it is going to work because these same people ignored Homely's request. People just need to learn to be more respectful and understand the tough and thankless job Homely has and if he asks you to make his job a little easier, you damn well better do it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:43 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies