What is the future for the Republican party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:29:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is the future for the Republican party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the future for the Republican party?  (Read 2264 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 13, 2015, 03:34:52 AM »

I don't necessarily agree with all the assertions you make about young Republicans.  I do see Republicans moving to the left on social issues beside abortion, which is already happening.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »

We have this thread. And I do not think libertarianism is the future. Not all of us are future yuppies from Florida whose only care in the world is the legal availability of marijuana. If you get the chance to bum a smoke outside of your college's liberal arts building, you'll realize that the youth have many more concerns than "muh drones".

Yeah, but most of those folks aren't Republicans, nor have they historically been.

I mean, bum a smoke outside anywhere. I'm probably as likely to hear someone argue for what might constitute fascism (or, in some cases, a middle class form of it) as you are to hear about how great Ron Effing Paul is.

I was referencing the Liberal Arts building comment.  I don't know about up there in Michigan, but I'd wager that liberal arts majors tend to be MUCH more loyal to the Democrats (or independent liberals like Sanders) than Republicans, especially compared to more GOP-friendly majors like business.

Speaking from experience on Liberal Arts majors, yeah, theyre all lost causes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies