Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:21:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 172644 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: August 01, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »

Seems legit enough -- based on just a few minutes of checking them out. The process was likely so hurried and unstructured because they're a) incredibly small and don't have any official HR function, and b) looking for someone entry level to trial for 90 days.

My advice, Jeff: do what you need to do to make REAL improvements -- even if they are small -- in your health. A grade-whatever headache that keeps you homebound during your second week on this trial, particularly if absences continue to be as much of a problem as they usually are for you, isn't going to impress.

One thing that will help me out a bunch is that since I am in Downtown Tulsa, all the places to eat are a good walk away.  I only have an hour, so I will be mostly eating in the office saving calories and money.  Also, I am going to start fixing bacon and eggs and macaroni and cheese in the evenings for supper and limiting my restaurant visits to maybe twice a week.

Jeff, that is a lot of time.  You should bring your lunch (sensible portions) and then take a stroll for light exercise. You'd want to take it light so that you arent sweating like a pig around the office but getting some sunlight and pulse up a bit would be a good start.  A nice walk is good for clearing the head too. You have a tendency to overthink things.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »

Keep working hard Jeff.  Maintain your focus and discipline, Also try not to repeat the same errors- bosses dislike that.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »

Jeff, it is good to have manageable goals but there is no reason that you can't lose 10lbs a month for the first few. Start exercising and eat right. Keep your calories down and don't cheat much. If you must cheat, make sure you earn that but working twice as hard beforehand.
Buy a food scale and track your intake.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »

Jeff, it is good to have manageable goals but there is no reason that you can't lose 10lbs a month for the first few. Start exercising and eat right. Keep your calories down and don't cheat much. If you must cheat, make sure you earn that but working twice as hard beforehand.
Buy a food scale and track your intake.

I know I should be able to lose 8-10 pounds a month to start, but I'm still going to keep with the 5-6 pounds a month until I figure things out and see first hand what kind of progress I am making.  I reserve the right to make a new goal midway through September if I am losing faster than I anticipated.

Ultimately, it is immaterial but Id be eager to get the lbs. off simply because you feel so much better.  The key thing is that this is a lifetime choice. Don't lose weight and then put it all back like you and so many people have done in the past.  You have to stay dedicated and disciplined. Once you get down to a healthy weight you can cheat more but overall you should consistently eat right and get in exercise.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »

I was going to go out for a Labor Day brunch tomorrow, but I'm so eager to get my new lifestyle started that I may just have cereal for breakfast, a couple ham sandwiches for lunch, and a sensible dinner.  I really would like to eat in all day tomorrow, especially since I ate out tonight.  I may go get something from the store to fix tomorrow evening.  So, tomorrow's schedule now looks like this:  Bed time at 02:00 am.  Breakfast at 9:30.  Walk at 10:30.  Big Brother at 11:00.  Baseball at 12:00 and 15:00.  Football at 19:00.  Bed time at 22:45.

How about one ham sandwich? Tongue

I'll consider it.  One sandwich usually is not enough.  I'll probably have a light dinner, so there is that.

Just make sure it fits in with part of a larger plan.  It depends on what type of bread and ham. A slice of light rye could be 60 calories each, whereas some rolls or italian bread could be like 250 and way up. Lean sliced ham can be like 30 calories an ounce but a fatty piece 70.  Then you have mayo versus mustard.  These things add up over the course of a day.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »

Once you are hired after college or whatever program you take, employers do not care what your grades were. They want to know whether you can accomplish the tasks that you are given. If you are falling behind, you really need to practice on your own time. You won't get paid for it but if you want to keep your job you must have the skills necessary.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:15:45 PM »

Sounds like it.  I like Bushie, but I fear he was totally the kid at recess running to the teacher about every little bit of juvenile dissent he saw.   

As I read it, he 100% did the right thing.  Engineering needs to be precise and I think catching this mistake was really good on his part.  Good job Jeff.  You just have to be sure that your work is clean and precise as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies