Priebus: Bill Clinton's personal life is "fair game"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:09:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Priebus: Bill Clinton's personal life is "fair game"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Priebus: Bill Clinton's personal life is "fair game"  (Read 6292 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »

oh come on! Personal attacks happen in US politics. Heck they've been happening since the 1960's. West Virginia primary anyone?

I don't understand why people think that Romney was unfairly targeted in 2012. He said the 47% comment, he said he'd bet 10,000. You don't need to attack Romney when he's the best anti-romney advert out there.

On HRC-the american people don't care. This isn't 1998, remember that the beloved Ronnie Reagan was divorced
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »

Hillary's political career was built off of her own efforts, not Bill. You guys can keep repeating the opposite and I'll keep refuting it all the way to 2016 (if she runs), win or lose.

Agreed.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »

I just saw a tabloid say "HILLARY CLINTON'S PRESIDENTIAL BID OFF -- BILL CLINTON SELLS GIRL INTO SEX SLAVERY!!!". Tongue
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 07:29:36 AM »

Hillary's political career was built off of her own efforts, not Bill. You guys can keep repeating the opposite and I'll keep refuting it all the way to 2016 (if she runs), win or lose.

Agreed.

I agree that even if she wasn't married to Bill, she would still be a successful politician. However, I'm not going to pretend that she doesn't benefit from being married to an incredibly popular former President.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »

Again Priebus is NOT RUNNING for President. So his personal baggage or not, is not of any concern,  whereas Hillary's would be, if she does decide to run & Bill Clinton,  unlike Priebus has occupied the White House & still is in the game, so I think his activities has a higher relevance than Reince Priebus,  who is merely RNC chairman,  do you really believe that people care or know who Priebus is? again he is merely a party functionary & not a potential candidate for the White House, HELLO!? or maybe you are engaged in idle semantics,  which I think you are. So your point is really irrelevant in that case!☺
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 10:18:07 AM »

It's fair game.

Presidential candidates are often judged on the quality of their marriages. If it had been a story if Ann Romney did it, it would be a story if Bill Clinton does it.

Plus if you view Hillary Clinton's experience as being that of a Senior advisor to a President who then went on to serve in the Senate, and a different presidential cabinet, her popularity is closely tied to the President she's most associated with.

If Priebus has lied about his family, that would be fair game, although he's not as big a target as a presidential candidate. It's also worth noting he's less likely to be in an open marriage than the Clintons.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2015, 11:56:33 AM »

My point exactly,  but you said it better☺
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2015, 12:15:40 PM »

Nice to see a Republican convincing a Democrat,  or was that sarcasm? If it was the latter, ha ha☺ However the reason why Hillary will be the best candidate to face....We have Benghazi,  then there's Bill...he's her achilles heel so to speak. Also Hillary's strengths are way overrated,  and her weaknesses are underrated.  Guess you Democrats being in the bubble can skew your judgement and then there is the added burden of Barack Obama, remember him...he's like the incumbent DEMOCRAT, there is a record to defend or to run away from. You Democrats were pretty good at using George W. Bush as a tar baby in which to hit McCain over the head with...so what's good for the goose is good for the gander! This is also something worth remembering,  very rarely does a second term presidency, see the presidency not change hands to a member of the other hand, the last time the incumbent party win a third presidential election in a row, was in 1988 and that was because of Reagan's popularity. Trust me, Barack Obama is no Ronald Reagan. So by virtue of the fact we have an ebbing of the Democratic tide, Hillary despite all her inherent "advantages" (can't think of any, apart her stint as Secretary of State, or being married to an egomaniac and prolific womanizer...leopards don't change there spots...Watch out for another bimbo explosion), Hillary is handicapped by the habits of history.

I don't think the party which thought Romney would win in a landslide should be talking about bubbles.

And nobody cared about Benghazi in 2012 besides people who were never going to vote Democrat anyway. Same goes for 2016.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies