IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-GOV: Which Republican replaces Mike Pence if he is selected as Trump's VP?  (Read 3679 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: July 07, 2016, 09:27:43 AM »

Greg Ballard, unless he's taking on Donnelly in two years.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:27:45 PM »

I'm kind of shocked by how fast Holcomb has risen despite not really doing anything.
It's because of his connections to Mitch Daniels, I thought.
He's also previously served as the chairman of the Indiana Republican Party and as Dan Coats's chief of staff.
If Pence is picked as the VP and a decent choice is selected, the Dems should forego this race and pour all of their resources into North Carolina.  That will be the YUGE governor's race and the real test to see if social conservatism can be defeated in the South.

Yes, that would be very interesting and entertaining. The Democrats are fighting in Indiana primarily as anti-Pence. I know North Carolina isn't as conservative as other Southern states, but it's still considered to have a social conservative lean, and this governor race will be a major test. It's been trending Democratic and the governor's race this year is a major battle in the so-called "culture wars" which will be an important indicator of sure that state stands today.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:35:25 PM »

If Greg Ballard went against John Gregg he would win by an over 5%-10% margin. I also think that if Mike Pence is indeed the VP nominee and he loses as expected then he could have a comeback against Donnelly in 2018.
He could run against Donnely, but he'd be a little too risky. Nevertheless if that were to happen, he'd probably go for the seat and get the nomination.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 03:33:00 PM »

Greg Ballard, unless he's taking on Donnelly in two years.
Ballard would be disastrous.  All the IN Dems would need to do is keep running ads showing how crime went up in Indy during his tenure as mayor.

I thought he was very popular and successful?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »

Holcomb is the most likely but I've heard that Rokita wants it as well. I would very much prefer Holcomb.
I think it would make more sense that the Lt. Governor gets the nomination, and he chooses a new running mate. But that's not how it works. And yes, Todd Rokita is very interested. Then, the question becomes, who replaces him as the nominee for his House seat.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:10:23 AM »

Honestly, I was at a dinner where Marlin Stutzman spoke earlier this year and left with a very negative opinion of the man.

I'm so glad Young won the nomination and am even more glad Stutzman isn't considering this either.
I totally agree with you on this. I watched the Senate primary debate between the two and You g came across as far more formal and professional. Stutzman is Indiana's Cuccinelli/Buck, and would lose either statewide race. Young has a chance against Bayh, and either Brooks or Holcomb would do great. I'm not so sure who gets nominated, nor do I have a favorite right now, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Brooks.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »

^Didn't Holcomb drop out of the Senate race before the primary?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »

I can live with that, I guess. I wonder how he'll do against Gregg.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies