If not in DC... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:36:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If not in DC... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If not in DC...  (Read 2809 times)
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« on: April 23, 2008, 03:32:11 AM »

New York City. It would probably have stayed there if was not for the need to have the capitol in the "middle" and for that matter not within a state. It really makes sense if you think about it... UK=London, Germany=Berlin, USA=New York.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:56:09 PM »

New York City. It would probably have stayed there if was not for the need to have the capitol in the "middle" and for that matter not within a state. It really makes sense if you think about it... UK=London, Germany=Berlin, USA=New York.

No not really. Ever heard of these cities?

New Delhi, Ottawa, Wellington, Canberra, Abidjan, Astana, Islamabad, etc

Yes, I know the capital of every country. There are good reasons for a capital city to placed somewhere other than the most populous/well known place. However I remember the question having to do with what the most likely place would be if it wasn't DC. If DC was never created, NYC or Philadelphia probably would have been the capital city of the US.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:57:34 PM »

No not really. Ever heard of these cities?

New Delhi, Ottawa, Wellington, Canberra, Abidjan, Astana, Islamabad, etc

Yes, I know the capital of every country. There are good reasons for a capital city to placed somewhere other than the most populous/well known place. However I remember the question having to do with what the most likely place would be if it wasn't DC. If DC was never created, NYC or Philadelphia probably would have been the capital city of the US.

You actually know the capital of every country?  How odd. All those Soviet Republics and all, put me out of the running permanently. What is the capital of that rogue split off from Moldavia, and no cheating now! 

I suppose you mean Moldova right? It's Chisinau. The split off never became an autonomous nation...and I can't spell it right, but I know what you're referring to...in the spirit of not cheating I won't look up the correct spelling of that territory which wanted to be independent Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies