I'm going to NY/DC! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm going to NY/DC! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm going to NY/DC!  (Read 821 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:01 AM »

I certainly insist you make some time in DC to see Atlasians.  I, for one, will not stand for not seeing you! Grin
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »

Yes, your info is a bit out of date - anywhere east of the Anacostia is still "bad", but Columbia Heights/U Street and NoMa have been ground zero of gentrification of late.  (They're where cool nightlife is.)

More info for Gustaf: DC isn't an absolutely fantastic food town, but the area around Dupont Circle has a lot of good places to eat.  Since you're coming from overseas, I suggest that you try some burger places while you're in DC; there are few better cities to get that quintessentially American food.  I also have specific recommendations if you decide to visit Silver Spring for some reason.  (I also strongly recommend you don't visit College Park, which is boring, unless it's the only place Xahar and/or Akno and/or I can see you!)  Take the Metro, but do realize the bus system is not bad around here - if you get a SmarTrip card (recommended; the Metro costs $1 more per use without one), you can also use it on buses, where you can get unlimited transfers between buses and cheaper fares when traveling between the Metro and the bus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies