A poll on gay marriage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:47:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  A poll on gay marriage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION
I support gay marriage

I don't support gay marriage

I am undecided

I don't care

What's gay marriage?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: A poll on gay marriage  (Read 2053 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: July 21, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »

Discrimination can only occur when a group of people is being denied a right that is currently being extended to others.

Currently, there is no right to homosexual marriage.  There is only a right to heterosexual marriage.  The right to heterosexual marriage is extended to all people in the United States equally, including homosexuals.  Ergo, no discrimination is taking place. 

That's deranged circular logic that I've heard a few conservatives use to get out of it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:02:32 PM »

Plus I'm pretty sure marriage is not an enumerated right, let alone specifying who can marry- I thought that was the logic (if I dare refer to it as that) for the Federal marriage amendment.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:30:37 PM »

Discrimination can only occur when a group of people is being denied a right that is currently being extended to others.

Currently, there is no right to homosexual marriage.  There is only a right to heterosexual marriage.  The right to heterosexual marriage is extended to all people in the United States equally, including homosexuals.  Ergo, no discrimination is taking place.  

Yeah!  Just like the way banning interracial marriage wasn't discrimination because blacks were still free to marry blacks and whites were free to marry whites!  Roll Eyes

When was interracial marriage illegal?

I think where was a better question...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:38 PM »

Let's be honest - people don't need marriage to breed.

Marriage has evolved constantly depending on the society they're within. Just as straight people don't have to marry, despite their having the right to, gay people will have the right to decide not to marry.

I'm being honest when I say, I understand those who oppose gay marriage, I just don't agree with any of the reasons outlined.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies