Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:47:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 48221 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: July 25, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »

The exploitation of the Hispanic girl's story was a bit much. Trump is terrible on immigration, but that doesn't justify stuff like that.

Her story is real, and it's not unique to her.  There's thousands of families in the same situation.

It would be exploitation, if we had reason to believe that Hillary has no intention of doing anything to help them, or worse, actually wanting to deport them.  AFAIK, there's no evidence of that though.  There's real differences between the campaigns on immigration.  I don't see why it's bad to acknowledge that with actual stories from real people.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »

I want to hear more about the military. I want to hear about it.

Nobody gives a sh*t what you want.
The Democratic Party needs to come to grips with the military. Don't pretend it doesn't exist. I'm a voter, LA.

Being respectful to the military doesn't necessarily mean wanting to use it to solve every little problem.  IMO, real respect for the military involves respecting the soldiers in it as human beings that are making sacrifices to keep everyone safe, not using them as tools to fix things that annoy us.  And then when we really do have to rely on them to keep us safe, actually devoting the resources to ensure they have the care they need when they come home.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 05:23:48 PM »

Did Cuomo seriously just say Charlie Rangel is one of the great things about our state?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies