Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:13:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Should it be legal for race to be a criteria in sperm donor request?  (Read 4257 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 12, 2015, 11:50:31 PM »

When people choose who they want to date, f[inks], spend the rest of their life with, etc., race factors into many people's decision, consciously or subconsciously. It could be argued that this is racist, but it happens and is impossible to entirely prevent. As long as choosing a sperm donor is chosen similarly to choosing a partner, it would be illogical to ban it.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:47 PM »

I'm against having children in today's day and age. Earth is already overpopulated, and people who want children can adopt (this is a preferable alternative regardless).

Not sure if I buy this, but even if it's true, we have a way out:

The final frontier.
Do you really have Ayn Rand in your sig and you reference a series in which everything is free and hunger has been wiped out? lol

Star Trek is the show depicting an all-progressive utopia, yet a black woman still answers the phone.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »

I'm against having children in today's day and age. Earth is already overpopulated, and people who want children can adopt (this is a preferable alternative regardless).

Not sure if I buy this, but even if it's true, we have a way out:

The final frontier.
Do you really have Ayn Rand in your sig and you reference a series in which everything is free and hunger has been wiped out? lol

Star Trek is the show depicting an all-progressive utopia, yet a black woman still answers the phone.

To be fair, I think the creator of Star Trek wanted a more progressive show, but the executives wouldn't let him be as all-out progressive as he wanted. And it still broke barriers for its time.

I was mostly joking. Tongue Yeah, it's interesting that something considered very forward thinking for its time would be criticized today (Imagine a feminist take on Kirk's constant pursuit of women, for instance).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies