Lawn poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Lawn poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you mowed the lawn yet?
yes

no

apartment/condo option

mama or daddy does all that stuff

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Lawn poll  (Read 451 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »

It seems like only yesterday that we were shoveling snow.  Suddenly, the grass is green and tall. 

Usually my grass is the longest on the block.  I get around to mowing it when it really needs it, and it's starting to really need it.  Most of my neighbors were out with their penis-extension riding mowers last weekend making me look bad.  I guess I'll break down and do it sometime in the next week or so.  Fortunately I have only a standard 0.25-acre suburban lawn to manicure.

How about you?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »

Despite the inch of snow on Monday, the lawn is greening up fast.

The grass is really dark green and looking good.

Amazingly quick does it happen.  Ours is very dark green as well, and probably at least 12 cm long in places, although I haven't measured it.  I won't cut it before Sunday, as it is our custom to color eggs, then hide them on the lawn.  First I hide them and my wife and son try to find them all.  Then my son hides them and my wife and I try to find them all (he puts them in some rather bizarre places!), then she hides them.  The long grass facilitates concealment, but sometime over the next week or so it will need cutting.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »

Done.  It took a long time, as I'm out of practice.  I think nearly an hour.  (It has been at least 6 months since I last mowed the lawn.)  I emptied that bag about six times!  Mostly it was twigs and leaves and other bits of organic debris that had accumulated over the winter.  

It was also an excellent day for a bicycle ride, so my son and I took a long one after the egg hunting contest and before the lawn mowing event.  

Now I'm freshly scrubbed, a little sore, and ready for a stiff drink.  Happy Easter!  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies