Pelosi is useless, but shouldn't Hoyer & Clyburn be replaced too? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:21:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pelosi is useless, but shouldn't Hoyer & Clyburn be replaced too? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pelosi is useless, but shouldn't Hoyer & Clyburn be replaced too?  (Read 4392 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

« on: August 09, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »

Tim Ryan, Linda Sanchez, and Terri Sewell would be a good team.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »

Bustos, Ryan, and Demings would be my preferred lineup.

Isn't Demings a freshman congresswoman? If you want a Southern black woman, Terri Sewell is great.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 12:30:09 AM »

I think any Dem leadership team needs at least:
- a woman
- a (preferably rural or Rust Belt) Midwesterner
- an African-American

Cheri Bustos, for example, fulfills two roles.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »

I think any Dem leadership team needs at least:
- a woman
- a (preferably rural or Rust Belt) Midwesterner
- an African-American

Cheri Bustos, for example, fulfills two roles.

That kind of racist identity politics is going to make Congress red for a long time, incarcerating more blacks, suppressing their votes & will pose more abortion restrictions on women, etc. The last thing people want is for the white vote to be as anywhere near polarized as the South !

What are you on about? African-Americans represent a large part of the Democratic base and coalition. It's important that their voices and interests are represented in the leadership as well.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »

Great strawman, Shadows. I totally said we need to pull some random black person off the street and make him part of the leadership. Yup.

I don't understand why you're so vehemently opposed to African-Americans being represented in Democratic leadership, especially when there are so many talented and passionate black Representatives, such as Terri Sewell, Harlem Jeffries, Cedric Richmond, G.K. Butterfield, Bobby Scott, and freshmen like Val Demings and Lisa Rochester. If you really think that there aren't any qualified African American representatives, I don't know what to tell you.

This is as much "tokenism" as putting someone like Tim Ryan as Minority Leader - after all, if we're advocating for the same causes, why do we need a token WWC as part of our leadership?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies