Obama maintains/expands War on Drugs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:58:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama maintains/expands War on Drugs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama maintains/expands War on Drugs  (Read 1389 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: April 18, 2012, 03:29:31 AM »

I really doubt that Obama personally endorses those policies they are written by ONDCP not Obama. I think he just can't challenge them publicly or privately. Also I'd like to apologize for Gil Kerlowiske, not sure how such an anti-weed man could have been head of Seattle PD.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:23:00 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 04:28:47 AM by seatown »

I really doubt that Obama personally endorses those policies they are written by ONDCP not Obama. I think he just can't challenge them publicly or privately. Also I'd like to apologize for Gil Kerlowiske, not sure how such an anti-weed man could have been head of Seattle PD.

This is a pretty obvious flip flop by the Obama administration. He nominated Bush administration hardliner Michele Leonhart to head the DEA. She says the more kids who die in the drug war, the better it's going. Change was just a lying slogan to get us to vote for a right-winger.
Well change is a lulzy slogan now that we had Obama administration for over 3 years. But you have to realize that he doesn't have full control over the DEA. Of course there is a lot he should be criticized for but this, in this thread in my opinion is just reflexive shouting. You have to realize that if the press found out about Obama meddling with DEA strategy behind the scenes to make it less "war-like" it would have the same political fallout as him favoring legalization of marijuana. I think we will know real positions of Obama(not just about War on drugs) after 2014 midterms when Democrats should pick enough low hanging fruits to hopefully be able to pass something, and Obama can sign executive orders without worrying about political fallout. There is also possibility that he actually changed his mind, or that DNC received enough money from lobbyists that we won't see the real president until he is out office. I know this sounds like I am defending Obama, I just think a lot of this criticism is pointless, but if I could vote I'd vote for Rocky.
If Obama doesn't change his position, we need some Paul-like candidate that would turnout the youngs and hopefully hijack the democratic party with real left-wing with the entire party going paultarded if the party doesn't move back to the left over the next four years(as it should, I hope they understand the demographic trends as well as you and I do). If we get Cuomo elected than we are really f[inks]ed until 2024 (2020), and by that point new trends may be in play.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies